Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I get introuble for this?

tag
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Could I get introuble for this?

So I read a story a while back about someone who sent HSBC bank a letter everyday for a year straight to one of the CEOs asking for the item to be removed from his credit report stating he learned his lesson, and made mistakes in the past and yada yada yada and he had colletection supervisors call him and ask him to stop sending a letter every day after it got to two months worth of letters. Eventually HSBC deleted the information. Could you get introuble for sending a letter everyday to someone like that for a charged off account from 6 years ago? I am almost tempted to try this and see if it works. That is alot of stamps, probably enough to pay off the DEBT lol.

The only problem with that is HSBC is now owned by CAPITOL ONE.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Could I get introuble for this?

@goosedog wrote:

So I read a story a while back about someone who sent HSBC bank a letter everyday for a year straight to one of the CEOs asking for the item to be removed from his credit report stating he learned his lesson, and made mistakes in the past and yada yada yada and he had colletection supervisors call him and ask him to stop sending a letter every day after it got to two months worth of letters. Eventually HSBC deleted the information. Could you get introuble for sending a letter everyday to someone like that for a charged off account from 6 years ago? I am almost tempted to try this and see if it works. That is alot of stamps, probably enough to pay off the DEBT lol.

The only problem with that is HSBC is now owned by CAPITOL ONE.

I don't see how you could get into trouble unless you were making threats in the letters.

Like you said, if it's enough to pay off the debt, why not just pay it?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Is PFD an option? if yes then I would follow this path. I would also not think you should get in troubles but doubt a bit on the success of such a mission Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 13
Datx
Valued Contributor

Just FYI...HSBC is not owned by Capital One. There are some card portfolios that were owned by HSBC that Cap One has bought. But HSBC is still its own seperate bank.

Message 4 of 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

HSBC sold its U.S. based credit card division to Capital One

Message 5 of 13
lithium78
Established Contributor

I had a 90 day late and a 30 day late on two HSBC credit cards and I got HSBC to remove both baddies with GW letters.  All I did I was contact them over email and mail physical letters a few times.  I think everyday is overkill, because you should give them enough time to respond, but giving them a couple weeks for response time seems adequate.  The key thing is that you need to be tenacious, because even if they say they can't remove it because it's illegal and yadda yadda yadda, there's always someone who has the authority to remove it.  You just need to keep at it until you can reach the right person to help you.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 13
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Sorry for not clarifying earlier. When I said Owned, i mean its current card business in the USA. I am aware that HSBC isn't the type to be bought out since they have their hands in almost every market. So sorry about not making that clear

I would think everyday would probably be overkill, but it's also a good way to annoy someone to the point they are dreading opening the mail that day HAHAAHAH.

I did find contact information for CEO's, VP's and Senior Management etc for Midland Funding and just emailed them all today asking them to remove my 4 MIDLAND Accounts. I will give them a couple of days than email them again, and again, and again. Sometimes being tenacious like the previous poster said can help further your cause. If I have success with MIDLAND, than i will report back.

Message 7 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

It could probably be considered harassment. However, I am not sure if that is illegal towards a business.

Message 8 of 13
goosedog
Regular Contributor

a consumer harrasing a credit company? Collection agency? Now that would be a first Smiley Happy

Ironically i got ahold of the email address for the CEO of Credit One Bank. I sent a email asking if she got my previous email, and through trial and error, one of the emails i tried came back. She responded "im looking into this". Not sure what she is looking into cause all i said was did you get my previous email, when there really isnt an email. Now when she responds back, im going to see if she will have someone delete the Credit One cc that was CO and its LVNV collection account deleted from tradeline.

Gotta love this forum

Message 9 of 13
pt310
Frequent Contributor

That's just about what I did with AFNI, except only for a week, and by email. Then on my second phone call in, the guy asks me if I've been sending a lot of emails recently...LOL. He did delete it for me.  Smiley Very Happy

(if it makes a difference, mine had been paid off for over two years already)

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.