Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

Re: Could I get introuble for this?

goosedog wrote:

So I read a story a while back about someone who sent HSBC bank a letter everyday for a year straight to one of the CEOs asking for the item to be removed from his credit report stating he learned his lesson, and made mistakes in the past and yada yada yada and he had colletection supervisors call him and ask him to stop sending a letter every day after it got to two months worth of letters. Eventually HSBC deleted the information. Could you get introuble for sending a letter everyday to someone like that for a charged off account from 6 years ago? I am almost tempted to try this and see if it works. That is alot of stamps, probably enough to pay off the DEBT lol.

The only problem with that is HSBC is now owned by CAPITOL ONE.

$160 in stamps is kind of nutty, IMHO...lol...:smileytongue:

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection_zps46f2f9f7.jpgWmart (TU): 803, Disc it (TU): 807, CKarma (TU): 771, AmEx (EX): 755, CSesame (EX): 731, Quizz (EQ): 775, myFICO (EQ): 770.
Oldest: AmEx: 26Y-4M, AAoA: 7Y-5M, Utl: 2.73%, 12/24 Inq: 6/16, Income: $104k, Garden: 06/16/2014. Updated 06/23/2014.
Frequent Contributor
Dubious

indiolatino61 wrote:

goosedog wrote:

So I read a story a while back about someone who sent HSBC bank a letter everyday for a year straight to one of the CEOs asking for the item to be removed from his credit report stating he learned his lesson, and made mistakes in the past and yada yada yada and he had colletection supervisors call him and ask him to stop sending a letter every day after it got to two months worth of letters. Eventually HSBC deleted the information. Could you get introuble for sending a letter everyday to someone like that for a charged off account from 6 years ago? I am almost tempted to try this and see if it works. That is alot of stamps, probably enough to pay off the DEBT lol.

The only problem with that is HSBC is now owned by CAPITOL ONE.

$160 in stamps is kind of nutty, IMHO...lol...:smileytongue:

Might not take a whole year though

Contributor
Petraeus

I don't think its harassment and the worst case is you'll be asked to stop. Get ready to commit because I'm sure it will take a long time!

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+