cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I have 2 of the same Amex card?

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Could I have 2 of the same Amex card?

@webhopper wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@QuantumCredit wrote:

Thanks guys for confirming my suspicion. I'm not married and I don't think it's worth jeopardizing my relationship with Amex to try the business card route (I don't have a business and is a BCP even available for business?)

May be another dumb question, but authorized users don't get their own 6K limit right? It counts toward my own?

Confirmed. However many authorized users there are, it's still one account.

They don't make BCP for business

....because businesses don't buy from grocery stores.

Message 11 of 13
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Nope you can't do it, I couldn't even AP for BCE because I have the plain blue card its one card per family of cards, (it was rejected as a duplicate appication)  at least for revolvers. On the charge cards you can get one of each.... 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 12 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You could have both BCE and BCP probably...  or BCP + PRG...

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.