Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Could You Get A Macy's CC If You Asked?

I dunno, but there's a whole lot of ink in the press being dedicated to stories that Macy's is about to fall victim to a leveraged buyout.

Read a post "elsewhere" from someone who got a call from Macy's outta the blue they were upping the CL from $100 to $1500, and all without the cardholder ever asking.

According to financeglobe, a Macy's store card is tougher to get than a Target Visa.

If Macy's is really desperate, perhaps one of their strategies is to gamble that passing out a bunch of CLs to it's cardholders will boost sales and stave off a buyout.

If you've been thinking about a Macy's CC, perhaps now is the time to strike. If Macy's did fall to a buyout, it's likely it would take years, and even then it's likely the CC would remain in whatever form the store ended up taking. Still a positive TL you could acquire and benefit from for a time, at least.

If you're thinking about applying for ANY CC, it probably wouldn't hurt to look up the CCC on google finance. If the CCC is hurting or struggling financially--not just a buyout, sales down, profits not meeting target, etc.--they might be more lax in their approval standards at that time.

Disclaimer: I'm a software engineer computer geek. I'm not a financial guru, and I'm just reading the news stories and perhaps seeing a connection between seemingly disconnected events.

Established Contributor
FICO_Focused

Re: Could You Get A Macy's CC If You Asked?

My Macys came with a $100 CL and no CLI for 3 months... My CLI period has arrived, but I'm trying to do one more month of PIF before requesting.

We shall see.

Rob
Regular Contributor
kims

My mother has a Macy's card...actually it was Foleys and I guess they were bought out.  It's on her CR as a good TL.  It has $100 CL and hasn't been used in years.  I was going to write a letter to them for her asking for a new card with a CLI (My mother is deaf so I do alot of the writing and talking on the phone for her) but after seeing this maybe we'll just let sleeping dogs lie for awhile :smileywink:
911 Operators....America's Lifeline!
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

I have an old Macy's that's still open on my CRs. Think it was originally Dillards from when I lived in Florida. I've written twice asking to get the CC reissued, and heard nothing back. Think I'm gonna give 'em a call.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}