cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could my score really be 39 points higher than my FAKO indicates??

tag
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Re: Could my score really be 39 points higher than my FAKO indicates??

@thom02099 wrote:

The EQ score you got from Cap 1 could be a EQ Beacon 9.0 version; some lenders who pull EQ do use that version, the most recent.  Check the letter again, see if it mentions the Beacon version.  You can also spend the $15 or so bucks here, pull your EQ MyFICO score and see how they compare.  The EQ version here is Beacon 5.0.  As the others have said, pay no attention to the FAKOS (or the man behind the curtain...!) Smiley Wink

It doesn't say anything about Beacon at all. :-(

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 11 of 17
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

My FICOs are always a lot higher than my avg FAKOs, usually by 40-60 points!  So before I apply for something I depend on my FAKOs just to low-ball things as I believe credit card banks internal scoring are more on par with my FAKOs.

My FICO seems too fake, ironically!

Yeah, my FAKO scores seem to be the lowest (including scoring systems that lenders use) :-))

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Message 12 of 17
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

I always assumed that FAKO scores gave us a score that was actually higher than it really was! Leading us to believe that we had a better score than we really had!

Now in the garden...
Message 13 of 17
stlsme
New Contributor

MY ck score is 103 lower than discover. That said CK not useless there are still things the website is useful for. 

EX: 844 EQ: 848 TU: 839
Message 14 of 17
PaBill
Regular Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:

So I often check my credit score (FAKO from Equifax) just to keep reference of a ballpark of what my score is...Anyhow, when I recently requested a CLI from Cap 1, I was denied because I only had my QS card one month (it was a shot in the dark and I knew that). Anyhow, on my denial letter is showed my Equifax score of 39 points higher than my FAKO was giving me on that date (Jan 28th). Could it be possible that my score is really that much higher than what Equifax directly is giving me???? I thought a FAKO score was generally higher than it really is?? Can someone chime in on this and provide some clarification? Trust me, I'm not complaining, as I will willingly take a better score, but could this be right???

P.S. THE SCORING RANGE CAPITAL ONE GAVE WAS FROM 350-850, WHEN THEY PROVIDED MY SCORE.

The FAKO scores are useless.  Ignore them.  Two examples of mine, updated today:

Credit Karma (TU FAKO) has me at 734.  My TU FICO is 797 - 63 points higher!

Credit Sesame (EX FAKO) just went UP 2 points and has me at 780.  My EX FICO has me at 792.  Only 12 points higher, BUT the FAKO isn't showing 3 new accounts, 2 new CLIs and 5 new HPs.

As I said, ignore them...

EQ-805, EX-797, TU-804. Back in the Garden on 8/4/15. Just came out for a 5K CLI bump on the Barclay card...
Hover over a card for the CL...
Message 15 of 17
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@PaBill wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

So I often check my credit score (FAKO from Equifax) just to keep reference of a ballpark of what my score is...Anyhow, when I recently requested a CLI from Cap 1, I was denied because I only had my QS card one month (it was a shot in the dark and I knew that). Anyhow, on my denial letter is showed my Equifax score of 39 points higher than my FAKO was giving me on that date (Jan 28th). Could it be possible that my score is really that much higher than what Equifax directly is giving me???? I thought a FAKO score was generally higher than it really is?? Can someone chime in on this and provide some clarification? Trust me, I'm not complaining, as I will willingly take a better score, but could this be right???

P.S. THE SCORING RANGE CAPITAL ONE GAVE WAS FROM 350-850, WHEN THEY PROVIDED MY SCORE.

The FAKO scores are useless.  Ignore them.  Two examples of mine, updated today:

Credit Karma (TU FAKO) has me at 734.  My TU FICO is 797 - 63 points higher!

Credit Sesame (EX FAKO) just went UP 2 points and has me at 780.  My EX FICO has me at 792.  Only 12 points higher, BUT the FAKO isn't showing 3 new accounts, 2 new CLIs and 5 new HPs.

As I said, ignore them...

Word.

As tempting as it may be, it's the equivalent to taking a shot in the dark trying to gauge it agains your real scores.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 16 of 17
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

I use Identity Guard through Costco and Credit Secure through AMEX (trying to see which product I like better, but I've had the Costco monitoring svc for 3+ years).

The Identity Guard scores are usually 30-50 points lower than the FICO scores for all three CBs and the Credit Secure scores seem to run 50 points higher than my real FICO scores.

Just to compare EQUIFAX across all three since it's the score I can see daily on myfico score watch.

Feb 1, 2014 Update

MyFico Scorewatch (Real) - 691

Identity Guard (FAKO) - 660

Credit Secure (FAKO) - 743

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.