Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not resist the App itch...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could not resist the App itch...

Despite increasing my CL by 50% yesterday with two new cards, I went for two more today.  My fico only dropped 11 pts, so what the hell... right?

Anyways I keep reading about how great it is to have AMEX and I do not have a true AMEX card in my collection.  I have a GEMB Dillards Amex, but does that count?  Will they backdate to that card?  Yesterday when I went on my app spree, the second card I wanted to get was BCE, but the website would not let me past the first screen for applying.  So I went for a natural Discover instead.  Well AMEX this and AMEX that...  I had to try again.  Website still not letting me past the first stage of applying.  I decided to try it on Firefox and it worked!  Guess AMEX has something against IE.  Well I got approved for a Zync Smiley Happy   I was not expecting this, and I had planned on going for another gas card after being rejected by AMEX.  Well I went for my gas card anyways... why?  Well I am moving and the closest gas station to where I am moving is also a liquor store and a Shell station, so I went for a Shell card.

End result of a two day app spree...

Citi Thank You $6000 CL

Discover (forget which one) $4000 CL

AMEX Znync

Shell gas card  $600 CL

With four HPs and a total of 7 on my history now, I am so done.  Moving (within the same zip) at the end of the month.  Now the plan is to lower my util and next May get BCE or maybe I will go all out for BCP.  Estimated fico after all of these new accts hit my score 650... the 50 pt drop will hurt, but I think I did alright Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Could not resist the App itch...

@Anonymous wrote:

Despite increasing my CL by 50% yesterday with two new cards, I went for two more today.  My fico only dropped 11 pts, so what the hell... right?

Anyways I keep reading about how great it is to have AMEX and I do not have a true AMEX card in my collection.  I have a GEMB Dillards Amex, but does that count?  Will they backdate to that card?  Yesterday when I went on my app spree, the second card I wanted to get was BCE, but the website would not let me past the first screen for applying.  So I went for a natural Discover instead.  Well AMEX this and AMEX that...  I had to try again.  Website still not letting me past the first stage of applying.  I decided to try it on Firefox and it worked!  Guess AMEX has something against IE.  Well I got approved for a Zync Smiley Happy   I was not expecting this, and I had planned on going for another gas card after being rejected by AMEX.  Well I went for my gas card anyways... why?  Well I am moving and the closest gas station to where I am moving is also a liquor store and a Shell station, so I went for a Shell card.

End result of a two day app spree...

Citi Thank You $6000 CL

Discover (forget which one) $4000 CL

AMEX Znync

Shell gas card  $600 CL

With four HPs and a total of 7 on my history now, I am so done.  Moving (within the same zip) at the end of the month.  Now the plan is to lower my util and next May get BCE or maybe I will go all out for BCP.  Estimated fico after all of these new accts hit my score 650... the 50 pt drop will hurt, but I think I did alright Smiley Happy

CONGRATS on your approvals!!!!!!!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

Congrats! That makes two of us who are waiting patiently now for our Zyncs. Actually, that only makes one of us who may be waiting patiently, and that's only if you're that one of us. I'm going to be hiding inside my mail slot for the next week nipping at everything that gets dropped in there. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approvals !!   And to answer your question about backdating, AMEX only backdates cards that are underwritten by AMEX ~ the GEMB one won't work, sorry.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delayedinsanity wrote:

Congrats! That makes two of us who are waiting patiently now for our Zyncs. Actually, that only makes one of us who may be waiting patiently, and that's only if you're that one of us. I'm going to be hiding inside my mail slot for the next week nipping at everything that gets dropped in there. Smiley Very Happy

I got 4 cards coming, I am already checking my mail.  "nope, not yet..."

Oh and the Discover is a Discover More card.  Which does not make sense when I look at what they are offering.  19.99%, highest rate, to be expected, my second app of the day.  Yet if I remember correctly I was only offered 9 months at 0%, but the website said more (12 I think).  No biggie, I will use the card to buy some things for my new place.  I was planning on paying cash, instead I will put that cash to cover my margin on my stock trading account and just pay it off during the 0% term Smiley Happy

Already thinking about my next cards, even though that will be next year.  For now I guess I have to cultivate the cards I got and get some CLIs. 

I am actually looking forward to the Zync, I want to see more details about what it can do.

Message 6 of 9
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got 4 cards coming, I am already checking my mail.  "nope, not yet..."

The UPS guy came by yesterday. I think the Amex is supposed to be coming UPS. I actually asked him if he had anything else. Smiley Very Happy No luck that time. Tomorrow is Sunday, and I like to think of that not as a day I can't check... but as an extra day for the postal service to get their act in gear and put my mail on the right truck.

@Anonymous wrote:

Already thinking about my next cards, even though that will be next year.  For now I guess I have to cultivate the cards I got and get some CLIs. 

My two other end of the garden goals are to have acquired at least one CLI on one of the cards, preferably on at least half of my cards... and to use a lot of that time getting to know what card I should acquire that will benefit our lifestyle the most. I figure a year should allow for some leisurely research on that front.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

With your avatar, I think you will like this...  I know what I am going to use my Zync on first.  I am going to order all seasons of Corner Gas Smiley Tongue  I would say all seasons of The Trailer Park Boys, but I already own them, with the Movie and Xmas special.  I have been eye balling Corner Gas for almost a year now and there is a package that you can get the complete series in a single pack for $90 US (not the funny colored money Smiley Wink )

Message 8 of 9
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

Since this is your thread, I think it's okay to wander a little OT haha... just for the quick backdrop, I am Canadian born and bred (right up there from Canadia), married to a US citizen, a US permanent resident (10yr green card) and 2 years away from being a dual citizen. With that said and out of the way... I actually haven't watched either show. Smiley Very Happy I know of them, I just haven't watched them... we used to watch a lot of Just For Laughs though. I miss Tim Hortons the most.

Oh, and your moneys gotten pretty colorful in the last couple of years too. Not quite as colorful admittedly, but it's "prettier" now, innit? hehe.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.