cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone please tell me if I have this correct?

tag
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Re: Could someone please tell me if I have this correct?

Some credit card companies have a place on their website where you can see if you are pre-qualified for one of their cards and none of them do a hard pull.  Chase, Discover, Capital One and Bank of America all have this.  Maybe other can chime in with other suggestions.  You can plug your info in and if they have any offers for you, they will let you know.  Just pay attention, because if they don't have any offers, they will suggest cards, which is completely different.  

Do a search on here for "shopping card trick".  There are certain stores where you can put items in your cart, then start the process of checking out and an offer may pop-up for a credit card.  It would be a soft pull and most likely a low limit, but it gets you started.  There are several stores that do this (through Commenity Bank) but my suggestion is to do only one and it should be at a store that you shop at.  You may also want to try a GE card, like Walmart, where they will start you out at a low limit but are generous with increases, usually every four months.  I would do the GE card last because I think it is more important for you to get something like Chase Freedom, Discover It or BofA (either cash back or travel, which ever works better for you).

Who do you do your banking with?  Do you have access to a credit union?  Those could be considerations as well for credit cards.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 51 of 52
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Could someone please tell me if I have this correct?

It is a capital one platinum, just like the one I have now.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.