cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could the CC companies be up to new tricks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could the CC companies be up to new tricks?

I got 3 cards that from the begining has had the same due dates and I know exactly what day they would update on my credit reports. The past 2 Months the due dates has not changed but they r updating 3 days before my due dates which after checking the sites is also causing me to have to pay INT. How can they update to the CRA just before the due date? Now I have to go back to paying my bills 6 r 7 days early. If they update 3 days before my due date and I pay my bill 2 days before the due date how would they know if I paid on time?
Message Edited by l9ikjam on 03-01-2009 02:38 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tralyn05
Valued Member

Re: Could the CC companies be up to new tricks?

I am very upset with BOA about my due date..I paid 150.00 on my card on Feb. 6th and logged in after 12am last night and saw that due date was Feb.28th. Why so early? I paid my bill last night but did not know it was due yesterday sooo pissed
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Could the CC companies be up to new tricks?

There's three useful dates - the statement closing date, the reporting date, and the due date.  If you pay the amount due before the due date, then there will be no interest charged, unless you did a cash advance or something.  It doesn't matter when they report the balance to the credit reporting agencies.  If the due dates didn't change and you paid on time, take a closer look at your statement to see where the interest was charged.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.