Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't resist on Discover More

tag
insidious28
New Contributor

Couldn't resist on Discover More

I told myself I was gonna stay in the garden for a year but couldn't resist 15 month 0APR from discover so I apped. Not instant cause of a fraud alert on my Equifax file so I got a call from them tonight to verify some information and he said "congrats, you're approved for the Discover More for 6000.00".  I asked for more but he said the way discover works is that you have to build a relationship with them for 6 months then you can call and see if you can get a CLI.  Oh well that was worth a try.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 686, TU 722, EX 702
Current Score: EQ 838 (01/08/14 MyFico), TU 836 (01/14/14 Wally), EX 832 (01/14/14 FNBO)
Goal Score: 800+ Across The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Couldn't resist on Discover More

Wow, congrats !!   That's a great starting limit with them, I'm sure that it will grow.   And is the 0% offer valid for BT as well as purchases ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 10
insidious28
New Contributor

Yes on purchases and BT for 15 months.

Starting Score: EQ 686, TU 722, EX 702
Current Score: EQ 838 (01/08/14 MyFico), TU 836 (01/14/14 Wally), EX 832 (01/14/14 FNBO)
Goal Score: 800+ Across The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@insidious28 wrote:

Yes on purchases and BT for 15 months.

Thats one of the best BT offers I've seen, I'd jump on that if I were you....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 10
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I just applied for Discover More on Monday due to a mail-order invitation. I got approved for $11,000 and did a balance transfer of $6000-ish due to a boiler I had to recently get.  Now I have a gazillion months to pay it off.  I was pumped!!

Congrats for your approval!!!

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 5 of 10
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! and don't forget about shop discover!  One of the best parts of having a Discover.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@insidious28 wrote:

I told myself I was gonna stay in the garden for a year but couldn't resist 15 month 0APR from discover so I apped. Not instant cause of a fraud alert on my Equifax file so I got a call from them tonight to verify some information and he said "congrats, you're approved for the Discover More for 6000.00".  I asked for more but he said the way discover works is that you have to build a relationship with them for 6 months then you can call and see if you can get a CLI.  Oh well that was worth a try.Smiley Wink

Thats an excellent CL to start!! Have it for 6 months then ask for CLI!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Discover was so good to us back in the day when we had credit cards before.  Their EXCELLENT Trade-line is still showing up on both my husband's credit report and mine WAY after the normal ten years that cards report.  We are looking forward to re-establishing business with them just as soon as we possibly can. 

Message 8 of 10
jnydc
Contributor

Applied yesterday from an offer I got in the mail and got a message that they needed to process my app. Got a call today and answered some questions. APPROVED $8000!!! Now is time to stop applying!
2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 9 of 10
learnin113
Established Contributor

@jnydc wrote:
Applied yesterday from an offer I got in the mail and got a message that they needed to process my app. Got a call today and answered some questions. APPROVED $8000!!! Now is time to stop applying!

Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.