Valued Member
insidious28

Couldn't resist on Discover More

I told myself I was gonna stay in the garden for a year but couldn't resist 15 month 0APR from discover so I apped. Not instant cause of a fraud alert on my Equifax file so I got a call from them tonight to verify some information and he said "congrats, you're approved for the Discover More for 6000.00".  I asked for more but he said the way discover works is that you have to build a relationship with them for 6 months then you can call and see if you can get a CLI.  Oh well that was worth a try.:smileywink:

Starting Score: EQ 686, TU 722, EX 702
Current Score: EQ 804(01/28/13 MyFico), TU 807(01/28/13 MyFico), EX (?)
Goal Score: 800+ Across The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
pizzadude

Re: Couldn't resist on Discover More

Wow, congrats !!   That's a great starting limit with them, I'm sure that it will grow.   And is the 0% offer valid for BT as well as purchases ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Valued Member
insidious28

Yes on purchases and BT for 15 months.

Starting Score: EQ 686, TU 722, EX 702
Current Score: EQ 804(01/28/13 MyFico), TU 807(01/28/13 MyFico), EX (?)
Goal Score: 800+ Across The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
pizzadude

insidious28 wrote:

Yes on purchases and BT for 15 months.

Thats one of the best BT offers I've seen, I'd jump on that if I were you....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Frequent Contributor
ArisGreek

I just applied for Discover More on Monday due to a mail-order invitation. I got approved for $11,000 and did a balance transfer of $6000-ish due to a boiler I had to recently get.  Now I have a gazillion months to pay it off.  I was pumped!!

Congrats for your approval!!!

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Established Contributor
flowfaster

Congrats!!! and don't forget about shop discover!  One of the best parts of having a Discover.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Mega Contributor
LS2982

insidious28 wrote:

I told myself I was gonna stay in the garden for a year but couldn't resist 15 month 0APR from discover so I apped. Not instant cause of a fraud alert on my Equifax file so I got a call from them tonight to verify some information and he said "congrats, you're approved for the Discover More for 6000.00".  I asked for more but he said the way discover works is that you have to build a relationship with them for 6 months then you can call and see if you can get a CLI.  Oh well that was worth a try.:smileywink:

Thats an excellent CL to start!! Have it for 6 months then ask for CLI!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
discernment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Discover was so good to us back in the day when we had credit cards before.  Their EXCELLENT Trade-line is still showing up on both my husband's credit report and mine WAY after the normal ten years that cards report.  We are looking forward to re-establishing business with them just as soon as we possibly can. 

Husband's Current Score: EX 691 CUSC; EQ 694; TU 687; Mine: EX 773 (AMEX); EQ 720; TU 750
Wallet Contents: SECURED: Capital One Platinum Mastercard, US Bank Harley Davidson Visa, USAA Bank American Express;
UNSECURED: Chase Freedom; USAA Cash Rewards World Mastercard, Discover More, CUSC Platinum Rewards Visa, American Express Zinc, American Express Blue Cash Preferred, Amazon Card, Walmart Discover Card
Contributor
jnydc

Applied yesterday from an offer I got in the mail and got a message that they needed to process my app. Got a call today and answered some questions. APPROVED $8000!!! Now is time to stop applying!
2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Established Contributor
learnin113

jnydc wrote:
Applied yesterday from an offer I got in the mail and got a message that they needed to process my app. Got a call today and answered some questions. APPROVED $8000!!! Now is time to stop applying!

:smileysurprised:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+