Countdown to Chase Sapphire Reserve

tag
Aahz
Established Contributor

Re: Countdown to Chase Sapphire Reserve

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:
I don't think Sunday or Monday matters being the first day of the week.......it is my understanding the release date is 8/21/16.......that happens to be Sunday this year

It is my understanding that Chase has never officially announced it will release 8/21/16. That was from all the articles we read etc. the closes thing that came from the real legit official source (chase) is their Twitter account which said it'll release next week. That's why I was just wondering if they would consider Sunday or Monday as the first day Of the week, if they consider Sunday still part of this week and next, I would assume it wouldn't release today (Sunday) although I wish it would. 

Most likely scenario is that applications go live on Monday.  That always made the most sense yet people get all hyped up on uncomfirmed date.  I may turn out to be wrong but the odds of them releasing this card when the least amount of people are around to see it was minimal at best.

"Most likely" based on what? Recent history has Chase releasing the online app for their latest card (the FU) on a Sunday.  

And the 8/21 date wasn't just plucked from some random post somewhere.  It came from the same guy who leaked everything we knew about the card this time last week.  He got everything else right so it seems fair to trust that the date was legit insider info as well.

Message 71 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just read this on the reddit megathread...

MRPATL [score hidden] 33 minutes ago 

Just tried to apply over the phone and they said that the application will be live tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM ET. Night, folks

Message 72 of 225
Kenro
Regular Contributor

I should be out drinking and partying, instead I am here... This is a disease Smiley Sad

Message 73 of 225
northface28
Established Contributor

(Mod Cut)

Myfico user: I'm good fellas, I'm going to sit here and apply for credit cards.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 74 of 225
Kenro
Regular Contributor

ayyy, would rather cuddle up to my CSR than a woman any day.

Message 75 of 225
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@adelphi_sky wrote:

People on the west coast will get a gift then. They can apply at 9pm PST if it goes live at midnight EST.

Sigh, guess not.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 76 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!!!

Message 77 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

12:06 am PST. Still no go. I'm going to bed. See ya guys/gals tomorrow morning.
Message 78 of 225
kdm31091
Super Contributor

To me it doesn't make sense for the card to come out at midnight or anything like that. I know the computer handles most decisions but they'd want to release it when analysts are actually at work.

Agree with Irish that people have gone really crazy over this. It's not some limited time limited stock product. It's just a card, calm down people it's gonna be okay. 

Message 79 of 225
Anonymous
Not applicable

are you guys really not sleeping..?

Message 80 of 225
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.