Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting Chickens...

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Counting Chickens...

LS2982 wrote: off topic question but does anyone know if you can switch back to a visa from MC if you had visa when you opened the account???

Not sure.  The Cap1 execs told me that was not possible, because of their agreement with MC.  Chase may be different, though, especially if they let you switch it from Visa to MC once already.  Why the change, anyway?  Is there a difference in benefits or something with World MC vs. Visa Sig?

Message 21 of 25
p-
Valued Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

They still refuse to make mine a siggy even though I have the CL to support.  Oh the wonders of being a CHAMU customer. 

Boom, was that the EO, or just a CS/Recon?  Because the reps told me it was automatic and I had to wait, but the EO hooked me up.  I think it's all about how you finesse it, and whether the request is reasonable.  My card was about two years old, I'd had a 5k line for over a year, and a 10k line for over 6 months.  I took a hard pull to get the 10k line.  Then, I used the card a bunch, but still paid in full each month.

I'll post the email I sent.  Don't copy it word for word; instead explain want you want to the exec, and why you think it's reasonable to have it.

Thanks for the congrats, everybody.  

Message 22 of 25
p-
Valued Contributor

p- wrote:  I'll post the email...

Mr. (exec),

I am writing to request assistance with my Chase Freedom credit card account. Recently I spoke with a member of your customer service team about upgrading my card to a Chase Freedom Visa Signature Card. As usual the representative was polite and helpful, but unfortunately was unable to help me with my request.

I have had this particular card for about two years, and the limit is 10,000. I would like to use the card mostly for reimbursable expenses and travel expenses, and would enjoy the signature benefits. I currently have a card with American Express that offers some comparable benefits, but not all of those offered by the Chase Freedom Signature Visa.

I would sincerely appreciate it if you could put me in touch with the right person to help me with this request.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

p

Message 23 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@p- wrote:

LS2982 wrote: off topic question but does anyone know if you can switch back to a visa from MC if you had visa when you opened the account???

Not sure.  The Cap1 execs told me that was not possible, because of their agreement with MC.  Chase may be different, though, especially if they let you switch it from Visa to MC once already.  Why the change, anyway?  Is there a difference in benefits or something with World MC vs. Visa Sig?

Already have a World MC looking for the Visa Siggy.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 25
p-
Valued Contributor

LS2982 wrote:  Already have a World MC looking for the Visa Siggy.

Makes sense.  I have the Visa sig with freedom, now I want a World MC from Cap1.  If the swiched it once, I bet they'll switch it back.  Never hurts to ask, right?

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.