Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple Observations

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Couple Observations

Thought I would share a couple observations.

First, I have aggressively started paying down balances or paying off cards Jan 1st.  As the new lower balances have started to report to the CRAs I have gained 18 pts on average across all three the last week.  My highest now is 775 from EQ on MyFico and says they are all Fico08 but may be FAKO for all I know.  I will have all balances paid off by April - Amen.

Secondly, I transferred my 3 largest outstanding balances over to NFCU and they posted today.  What a relief to be able manage only one account to pay down/off.  and I'm not sure if that new zero balance on my CitiAAdvantage card was a trigger, but minutes after receiving an email confirmation that a payment was posted I got a Valued Citi customer offer for a 50K bonus for opening the business version. I won't act on it but had it been Double Cash... maybe.

Building towards 800!  

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Couple Observations

@BarryNTexas wrote:

First, I have aggressively started paying down balances or paying off cards Jan 1st.  As the new lower balances have started to report to the CRAs I have gained 18 pts on average across all three the last week.  My highest now is 775 from EQ on MyFico and says they are all Fico08 but may be FAKO for all I know.  I will have all balances paid off by April - Amen.

Secondly, I transferred my 3 largest outstanding balances over to NFCU and they posted today.  What a relief to be able manage only one account to pay down/off.  and I'm not sure if that new zero balance on my CitiAAdvantage card was a trigger, but minutes after receiving an email confirmation that a payment was posted I got a Valued Citi customer offer for a 50K bonus for opening the business version. I won't act on it but had it been Double Cash... maybe.

Building towards 800!  

Barry, Sounds like a good plan to me Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Building towards 800!  

Good work with the restraint. I'd have taken them up on those 50K pts, unless 100K pts is available.

Message 3 of 10
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Building towards 800!  

Good work with the restraint. I'd have taken them up on those 50K pts, unless 100K pts is available.

Nixon,  Don't get me wrong.  I clicked the link and went through the app but when it came to filling out business info - I don't have a business so wasn't comfortable taking the chance.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Building towards 800!  

Nixon,  Don't get me wrong.  I clicked the link and went through the app but when it came to filling out business info - I don't have a business so wasn't comfortable taking the chance.

Understandable. I'm not sure if Citi Business CC app is similar to Chase Business CC app, but if they are, there is an easy way to navigate it.

Message 5 of 10
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Building towards 800!  

Understandable. I'm not sure if Citi Business CC app is similar to Chase Business CC app, but if they are, there is an easy way to navigate it.

Sorry, I know this is offtopic, but now does one navagate Chase Business CC app? I heard for AMEX you just put your name in as the business name as use your soc. I would love to be able to consider a chase ink card Smiley Tongue

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 6 of 10
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

I have a HDepot Commercial account that is business from many years ago and is hidden.  I wouldn't mind a couple other hidden besides my DCs.  Just not ready to take any new HPs thought.

Message 7 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

My highest now is 775 from EQ on MyFico and says they are all Fico08 but may be FAKO for all I know.

They are FICO 08.  myFICO is a FICO site.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/questions/fico8.aspx

Message 8 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Apply for business CCs if you have a business. Smiley Happy

If this thread is going to turn into a business CC question thread, just let me know and I'll move it over there for you to get better responses, k?
Message 9 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Building towards 800!  

Sorry, I know this is offtopic, but now does one navagate Chase Business CC app? I heard for AMEX you just put your name in as the business name as use your soc. I would love to be able to consider a chase ink card Smiley Tongue

Sole proprietorship w/SSN is just fine with Chase, or was when I got mine 8ish months ago when I opened up a business checking account.  Did get an auto-CLI on it even, in addition to a CSP invitation of all things (which was new for me this week, only ever had Slate offers before) so in theory they're OK with me as a customer.

        
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.