Valued Contributor
ivyalmighty

Couple questions about blacklisting

Do these companies blacklist you based on past payment history with them?

Chase/First USA Bank
Crap 1
FIA (also secretly BofA and who knows who else)... do they do it in the individual companies, or if you're bad with one FIA company, are you blocked from all of them?

Also, is blacklisting based on the CC brand as well? I had an old Suntrust (FIA) MC that I managed poorly for a few years... would that prevent me from ever getting in w/ MC through any other companies as well?
Regular Contributor
shawnette

Re: Couple questions about blacklisting

I can only answer the last question: No.  Screwing up 1 MC account will not prevent you from getting another MC from another issuer.
Established Contributor
beenthere

No secret about BofA. They flat told me CC of any kind because of old BK I included them in.
1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

beenthere wrote:
No secret about BofA. They flat told me CC of any kind because of old BK I included them in.

Well, at least they were honest =).
Here we go again...
Regular Contributor
shreco

Possible that you can back door the issuers that have you blacklisted for cold CC apps.

Use some other products like auto loans, banking, mortgage to establish a relationship. Probably YMMV though.

I bank with BofA got in on secured then they took over MBNA which I had CO in 2004. I still get CLI's and product changes.
FICO TU 730 EQ 731 EX 706
Super Contributor
marty56

I closed a card with Cap 1 a few years back and have never gotten any offer from them again including there pre-approval website.

Dont want to waste an INQ to find out and I have access to better CC if need be.

I had a BofA card in DMP and they treat DMP people worse then if you do a CO.

Just my thoughts but with so many choices out there and possible better ones, why would you go back to a CCC that you had a problem with in the past?
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

[ Edited ]

Here is my experience based on chargeoffs w/ba and cap 1.  note: chargeoffs were OFF my reports before I applied for ccs again.  new ba/cap 1 ccs were issued in 4/08.

Ba- declined for ‘regular’ cc (probably due to my low ficos rather than my past w/BA), issued 99/500 cc which, per BA will unsecure in 9-12 mos./graduate to a ‘regular’ cc w/a HIGH CL if I keep it in ‘good standing’ (PIF, low utilization, no lates, overlimits, etc.)

Cap 1- instant approval, issued cc (low cl- 300), indicated i would get 'regular' CLIs if i keep it in 'good standing'

Neither co. mentioned my past history w/them, so apparently they don’t blacklist for forever.  Amex on the other hand…well, they DO blacklist for forever apparently and said as much when I tried to take them up on a preapproved offer they sent me.  note: the chargeoff w/amex was OFF my reports at the time.  amex has a VERY long memory as my 'bad behavior' w/them is going on 10+ yrs and apparently they'll never love me again :smileysad:

Message Edited by creditreformer on 05-13-2008 06:57 PM
Established Contributor
beenthere

I didn't have a problem with B of A, they had a problem with me. :smileyvery-happy:

marty56 wrote:
I closed a card with Cap 1 a few years back and have never gotten any offer from them again including there pre-approval website.

Dont want to waste an INQ to find out and I have access to better CC if need be.

I had a BofA card in DMP and they treat DMP people worse then if you do a CO.

Just my thoughts but with so many choices out there and possible better ones, why would you go back to a CCC that you had a problem with in the past?

1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693
Established Contributor
nicemann

Chase does not blacklist.  I had a charge off for $2000 back in 2002.  I applied the other day for their freedom card and was declined.  I called the recon line and they asked me about the charge off from 2002.  I explained I was bascially young and had credit problems, she said ok and approved me for a $3000 CL.  I have a thread about them already going on. 
As of 04/23/2011 - 731 for EQ FICO
As of 03/02/2012 - 779 for TU FICO
As of 12/2010 - 720 - 729 For EX (Chase FICO Score Provided by EX)
Valued Contributor
ivyalmighty

marty - good question.

My question was more because it seems like a lot of the CC companies are so incestuous, like the whole FIA/BofA/who-knows-else thing.. I don't want to waste my time on other companies that might be held by so-and-so, who remembers my bad behavior from way-back-when. Know what I mean?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+