Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple questions

tag
CMoore515
New Contributor

Couple questions

Hello, My grandfather just passed away and I received a small inheritance. I've already paid off my PayPal Credit and my Freedom card with some of those proceeds.

I have a CareCredit account with a $3000 limit and I'm currently paying off some new eyeglasses I bought for myself, my mother and father. Have a couple questions.

1.) The current balance on my CC card is about $1,787.00 and I'm planning on paying the card off to avoid interest down the line. Is synchrony going to have strange hold times on such a big payment? Or at least in your experience, have they?

2.) Has anyone received a new card from them lately? I received mine a couple days ago and I can't figure out if I have to activate it or it's done automatically... I'd really rather not call them, but if I have to I will.

Thanks!

Filed BK7 10/2019
Discharged 1/2020
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Couple questions

1. if you billpay them from your bank you don't usually have any holds... holds usually come from having them pull the money from your bank themselves.

2. if it doesn't have a sticker to activate my guess is no need to.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Couple questions

It always baffles me that they send active cards through the mail, but at least half on my cards didnt come with a sticker or anything and worked the first time I tried them.

Also credit card companies get payments in large amounts all the time so I wouldnt think theyd flag a 1k+ payment for a longer hold. But if youre worried about it push the payment from your bank instead.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.