Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crap 1 hates me...the feelings mutual now

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crap 1 hates me...the feelings mutual now

so ive had my crap1 card for over 18 months. started out with 300 cl and got 200cli on 3rd statement. since then i havent received any cli's. mostly due to the fact i didnt know crap about cards clis and the whole bunch. i have carried a high balance cuz i was young and (edited) but i have never been late and most months i have mad 2 payments even if it was only like 5 dollars over the minimum. i did how ever manage to get a few apr decreases. for 18.8 to 16.8 to 14.9 well i transferred my balance over to my chase since its 0 apr introductory. well they transfer went thru and i have a balance of like 5 bucks so i called hoping for a long waited cli. to my surprise they told me no. i talked to 3 diff people. finally the 3rd person told me she will send it in for consideration or something for a cli.

what kinda crap is this. i been approved for a 5k card with jfcu (still doing the stupid paperwork...grrr.) i have my 1200cl chase. ive had this crappy crap 1 card for over 20 months and i have had just one cli and that was after just 3 months.

is this normal for crap1?

Please refrain from using offensive terms.  Thanks!

-Peas

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 07-17-2008 01:17 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Re: Crap 1 hates me...the feelings mutual now

For some people, it is normal. For me, I started with a $2000 CL in August of last year, then went to $2750 three months later. Then auto CLI on 4th month to $3250 and just received another $300. Currently, trying to get them to honor what I think was a typo on my last letter from them which said they were raising my CL to $13,550. We'll see!!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll find that every CCC has its bizarre quirks. For instance, some won't touch you if you filed BK. Even if it was back in 1999 and you have had ten accounts since then with nary a late and low balances...they still act like you have leprosy and they can't be bothered with you.

My advice: take advantage of one of the biggest advantages of a market-based economy: competition. Try recon, and if CapOne won't play nice, then tell them to go...oops, family board :slaps self: ...tell them to go take a long walk off a short pier.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

For 9 years I've had a $500 CL with Cap1. It is my oldest card, which is why it will never be canceled, but it doesn't get used for much because why use a $500 CL card when I could use one of my 13K CL cards?

Never once have I had a CLI with it.
Message 4 of 8
mrlimo
Regular Contributor

I know my senerio is a bit differnt but I have 4 c.c.s in the $25,000-$30,000 range that all gave me a recent CLI on (even an AMEX) when I called Cap 1 on a CLI I was sent a letter stateing I was declined because I am not profitable enough too them. So even thoough not a direct coralation to your senerio THEY decline on all aray of there spectrums.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow 5 years and no cli. if i had a few 13k cards i wouldnt think twice about closing that cap1.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ruggiero06 wrote:
wow 5 years and no cli. if i had a few 13k cards i wouldnt think twice about closing that cap1.

And I would close it, if it weren't for the fact that the card is nearly 10 years old. That card is my oldest, and I don't want to lose that when figuring the average age of my accounts.
Message 7 of 8
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

I have had my cap1 for 18months and received a cli around the 12 month mark from $500 to a $1000 and they have not been kind since! 
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.