Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crap One FINALLY Respects Me!

tag
SWISSOATL
Contributor

Crap One FINALLY Respects Me!

I am being laid off work in a few weeks and decided to combine my cards so its one less card to keep up with. If anyone has seen my post I hate crap one also i have one of those $300-$500 (nvr get an increase) cards.

I called the backdoor# to combine my cards and the lady was so nice as the backdoor people usually are and she says wow i see an offer for a $300 increase would this be helpful? YES Yes YES!!!! i couldnt take! it was for the mastercard and then said wow i see one for the visa also!!!! I LIVED!!!! i was sooooo shocked after the many days of depression after calling that backdoor and nothing happening!
I now have a combined limit of $1850!!!!

Thanks to mods for all your help and inspiration to finally clean that credit up! I am trying to close my fee card accounts now. I did the app spree thing and i am trying to take care of what i have in which as i stated will be laid of soon and will probably use the credit insurance for all of my accounts! eeww.

But...

I really want a Gas card (for hard times) and a Circuit city card (tax free weekend need a Notebook for the jobsearch!) which is by Chase! Too many inquiries on EQ and still High util on some cards. what should i do???
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: Crap One FINALLY Respects Me!

SWISSOATL wrote:
I am being laid off work in a few weeks and decided to combine my cards so its one less card to keep up with. If anyone has seen my post I hate crap one also i have one of those $300-$500 (nvr get an increase) cards.

I called the backdoor# to combine my cards and the lady was so nice as the backdoor people usually are and she says wow i see an offer for a $300 increase would this be helpful? YES Yes YES!!!! i couldnt take! it was for the mastercard and then said wow i see one for the visa also!!!! I LIVED!!!! i was sooooo shocked after the many days of depression after calling that backdoor and nothing happening!
I now have a combined limit of $1850!!!!

Thanks to mods for all your help and inspiration to finally clean that credit up! I am trying to close my fee card accounts now. I did the app spree thing and i am trying to take care of what i have in which as i stated will be laid of soon and will probably use the credit insurance for all of my accounts! eeww.

But...

I really want a Gas card (for hard times) and a Circuit city card (tax free weekend need a Notebook for the jobsearch!) which is by Chase! Too many inquiries on EQ and still High util on some cards. what should i do???

If you know you are going to be laid off soon and you are in the process of cleaning up your credit, it would be a disaster to get more credit. You already think you will have to use the credit insurance so why add more charges that you won't be able to pay? Also you will NOT be able to use your cc's while the insurance is in effect.
Your best plan would be to pay off your balances and not use the credit insurance or credit cards so that your credit won't further decay while you are laid off. I don't know that using credit insurance will hurt you............ but I don't think your creditors will be happy about it so soon after getting increases, you may end up with cancelled accounts and that will tank your credit.
Your plan borders on sounding unwise and unethical at worst. I don't mean that to sound rude but it sounds like a very bad plan. 
Message 2 of 8
Bella1980
Established Contributor

I agree.If you were combining because you were worried about how you were going to pay,do not get anymore cards.

Go to the library and use the internet for a job. You do not need to buy a laptop to get internet usage. The library is free! I am not trying to be mean but my friends and I have been in your position and we took the wrong steps and are now paying for it.

Also, if you know you are about to be laid off start looking for a new job now.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 8
SWISSOATL
Contributor

MsKiwi wrote:

If you know you are going to be laid off soon and you are in the process of cleaning up your credit, it would be a disaster to get more credit. You already think you will have to use the credit insurance so why add more charges that you won't be able to pay? Also you will NOT be able to use your cc's while the insurance is in effect.
Your best plan would be to pay off your balances and not use the credit insurance or credit cards so that your credit won't further decay while you are laid off. I don't know that using credit insurance will hurt you............ but I don't think your creditors will be happy about it so soon after getting increases, you may end up with cancelled accounts and that will tank your credit.
Your plan borders on sounding unwise and unethical at worst. I don't mean that to sound rude but it sounds like a very bad plan. 

I understand what your saying I really do! in which it is not bad that Cap One increase my limit!
Something i have worked hard for over the past few years! I deserve it! i cant help im being laid off! [Edited] Also we pay Credit insurance for a reason just as we do for health and car! We never know what may happen! As far as creditors not being happy...that is not my concern! We are all still just 10-16 digits in there systems! am i lying? and Yes when u use credit insurance your cards are Frozen so u cant use them! that is fine but this is why its credit insurance! Credit insurance does not hurt you. Credit Counseling is what hurts your credit! because thats when your debt is taken and settled for a lesser amount! i plan on paying off the balances once back on my feet!

I think i have become alot more responsible with my credit and yes i know i still have a ways to go but
i want what i want and if its meant for me to have it i will! And i will continue to do what i can to make sure i dont have any baddies on my reports! i have worked to hard to get them all off!

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-29-2008 09:25 AM
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 4 of 8
SWISSOATL
Contributor

Bella1980 wrote:
I agree.If you were combining because you were worried about how you were going to pay,do not get anymore cards.

Go to the library and use the internet for a job. You do not need to buy a laptop to get internet usage. The library is free! I am not trying to be mean but my friends and I have been in your position and we took the wrong steps and are now paying for it.

Also, if you know you are about to be laid off start looking for a new job now.

No hun! I combined the cards so it is one less card i have to keep up with meaning making sure payment is made on one more card! Its going to be paid sweetie! Believe that!

And i see what you are saying about the library but i rather be in my air conditioned home rather than spending my $4.05 per gallon in the heat trying to get to the library everyday as if its a job! thats more gas! and yes its far away.
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

SWISSOATL wrote:

Something i have worked hard for over the past few years! I deserve it! i cant help im being laid off! [Edited] Also we pay Credit insurance for a reason just as we do for health and car! We never know what may happen! As far as creditors not being happy...that is not my concern! We are all still just 10-16 digits in there systems! am i lying? and Yes when u use credit insurance your cards are Frozen so u cant use them! that is fine but this is why its credit insurance! Credit insurance does not hurt you. Credit Counseling is what hurts your credit! because thats when your debt is taken and settled for a lesser amount! i plan on paying off the balances once back on my feet!

SWISSOATL,

I have edited the political comment from your post above.  Please keep politics out of the forums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

cheddar

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-29-2008 09:26 AM
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well congrats to you. That must feel great!
Message 7 of 8
MYP
Established Member

what's the back door # and how do I find it?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.