Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrapOne is just something special!! :-)

tag
gurusexy
Regular Contributor

CrapOne is just something special!! :-)

I still cant stop laughing Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

The tagline is just what kills me ..... You’re Gonna Love What’s In Your WalletSM. 

Access your fully approved credit line with Credit Steps.
Credit Steps

Re: Your account ending in xxxx 

Dear xxxxxxxxxx

Make sure you’re ready for unexpected and everyday expenses—no matter when they pop up—with our Credit Steps program.

In two easy steps, you can increase your current credit line from $300 to $500. And, you’ll have access to your new line no later than September 2015.*

Step 1
Use your card in the first five months
+
Step 2
Make your first five monthly payments on time
=
$500
Credit Line
Your new account is already set up with Credit Steps—so there are no forms to fill out, no application, and no extra cost.

Now, nail those on-time payments to ensure you can access your higher credit line. Did you know you can set up automatic payments when you sign in to your account? You can also set up payment due date reminders for your account to stay on top of payments.

You’re on your way to the freedom and flexibility that come with a higher line of credit.

You’re Gonna Love What’s In Your WalletSM.
400K+ in open revolvers. 8% UTIL,
Inquiries- TU:2, EQ:2, EX: 3
Starting Scores: 6/12 EX: 613 11/13 TU:614
06/18: F08EX: 781; F08EQ: 787; F08TU:769 Short term goal: 800+ across all 3 Bureaus. Last app 07/19 (BBVA Personal Loan - Approved with Hard pull).
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: CrapOne is just something special!! :-)

@gurusexy wrote:

I still cant stop laughing Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

The tagline is just what kills me ..... You’re Gonna Love What’s In Your WalletSM. 

Access your fully approved credit line with Credit Steps.
Credit Steps

Re: Your account ending in xxxx 

Dear xxxxxxxxxx

Make sure you’re ready for unexpected and everyday expenses—no matter when they pop up—with our Credit Steps program.

In two easy steps, you can increase your current credit line from $300 to $500. And, you’ll have access to your new line no later than September 2015.*

Step 1
Use your card in the first five months
+
Step 2
Make your first five monthly payments on time
=
$500
Credit Line
Your new account is already set up with Credit Steps—so there are no forms to fill out, no application, and no extra cost.

Now, nail those on-time payments to ensure you can access your higher credit line. Did you know you can set up automatic payments when you sign in to your account? You can also set up payment due date reminders for your account to stay on top of payments.

You’re on your way to the freedom and flexibility that come with a higher line of credit.

You’re Gonna Love What’s In Your WalletSM.

I hope your unexpected craving a of twix bar doesnt blow your utilization with that big jump there!

They just attempt to make it sound so professional

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 2 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

how the heeck did you get such an awful starting CL with your profile of cards?

Message 3 of 26
gurusexy
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

how the heeck did you get such an awful starting CL with your profile of cards?

Dont even ask.. was trying to get a card for my wife to help her build.... thats what I get for not listening to my inner self screaming "dont do it. Youd probably get a piddling limit for three pulls".. i didnt listen.. Karma!

I should have learnt fro the last time. had an old CapOne I closed because I had a 500 limit for 3 yrs and they wouldnt budge....

06/18: F08EX: 781; F08EQ: 787; F08TU:769 Short term goal: 800+ across all 3 Bureaus. Last app 07/19 (BBVA Personal Loan - Approved with Hard pull).
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is worth noting that some people who get that email end up getting ten times that for a CLI. So at least that is the minimum amount they'll step you.

Love or hate Capital One, the re/builder cards do have their place for establishing positive payment history even if you have to let it go after a year or so.
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It is worth noting that some people who get that email end up getting ten times that for a CLI. So at least that is the minimum amount they'll step you.

Love or hate Capital One, the re/builder cards do have their place for establishing positive payment history even if you have to let it go after a year or so.

They do..

So long as you don't see a vast improvement in your credit profile. The profile you apply with is the one you're stuck with until you reapply for one of their prime offerings.

Message 6 of 26
Ups77
Regular Contributor

Thats great by the time your 60 you can have a 5000 cli. I hit amex today got 3x limit to 21000. Thats why i closed cap one.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I'm just saying establishing the history or fixing it, not necessarily long term unless you happen to be one of the lucky ones who is able to PC into a prime offering and somehow unlock the wellspring of CLIs (I know, I know, it's so rare it may as well not exist).

Better capital one than the lovely suggested-by-myfico credit one.
Message 8 of 26
gurusexy
Regular Contributor

Hi, this is Steven. Whom do I have the pleasure of chatting with today?

You
09:12 AM

Godwill

Steven
Hi, Godwill.

Steven
How may I assist you today?

You

when i got my card was told i'd get an auto credit limit increase before september..how does this work and has my account been reviewed lately as its been 5-6 months?

You

because the limits on that card is simply abominable

Steven
09:13 AM
Let me access your account and check on that for you. Please validate the information to access the account.

Steven
You should see some verification questions expand from the right side of your chat window. Please enter the requested information and click Validate.

Steven
09:14 AM
Thank you for validating that information. Bear with me for just a moment while I review the account.

Steven
09:15 AM
Thank you for your patience, Godwill.

I have reviewed your account and see that your account is enrolled in credit steps. 

Let me explain how the program works. One moment please.

Steven
09:17 AM
Credit Steps is a program for designated customers who successfully complete a series of steps to receive access to a higher credit limit.
Customers will be disclosed a pre-qualified credit line amount above their initial credit line. They may be eligible to access the full pre-qualified line if they complete the following steps: Activate and use (any activity that would create a payment due) the card within the first 5 months of the account opening. Make the first five monthly payments on time.
Credit Steps provides a one-time credit limit increase. Once receiving the credit limit increase, the customer is no longer part of the Credit Steps program.

The credit limit will be adjusted to the pre-qualified amount by: the 7th billing statement if customers do not miss a required step. the 10th billing statement if customers miss only one required step.

An account can be permanently removed (before fulfillment) from Credit Steps if a customer: is past due more than 1 time. does not activate and use the account within 5 months.

According to credit steps:

You need to activate and use your card within the first five months of the account being opened. And, of course, make your payments on time. 

If you follow all of the required steps, you will receive your full pre-qualified credit line by your 7th billing statement. 

Any activity that would create a payment. Examples would be making a purchase, cash advances, special transfers, a promotional transaction, of if you make a payment on a membership fee. 

As long as you missed only one of the required steps, you should see your full pre-qualified credit line by the 10th billing statement. 

You
09:18 AM

so whast the prequalified credit line in 7 months?

Steven
Let me check that for you. One moment please.

You

if its something very tiny, i will just reconsider and cancel the card

Steven
09:20 AM
I see that if you fullfill all the requirements, the full pre-qualified credit line will be $500.00

You

you guys make me laugh... my highest limit is 24K...well will just advise myself when the time comes then

You

have a good day

Steven
09:21 AM
You can also request for a credit limit increase online once your account has been opened for 6 months.

Steven
You are welcome. Thank you for being a valued Capital One card holder and it has been a pleasure assisting you!

Steven
My goal today was to provide you with outstanding customer service. I hope I was able to meet that goal for you. If you'd like to provide feedback about your experience with us today, please click here to end the chat and answer a few quick questions.

Our chat session has ended.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@gurusexy wrote:
Hi, this is Steven. Whom do I have the pleasure of chatting with today?

You

Godwill

Steven
Hi, Godwill.

Steven
How may I assist you today?

You

when i got my card was told i'd get an auto credit limit increase before september..how does this work and has my account been reviewed lately as its been 5-6 months?

You

because the limits on that card is simply abominable

Steven
Let me access your account and check on that for you. Please validate the information to access the account.

Steven
You should see some verification questions expand from the right side of your chat window. Please enter the requested information and click Validate.

Steven
09:14 AM
Thank you for validating that information. Bear with me for just a moment while I review the account.

Steven
09:15 AM
Thank you for your patience, Godwill.

I have reviewed your account and see that your account is enrolled in credit steps. 

Let me explain how the program works. One moment please.

Steven
09:17 AM
Credit Steps is a program for designated customers who successfully complete a series of steps to receive access to a higher credit limit.
Customers will be disclosed a pre-qualified credit line amount above their initial credit line. They may be eligible to access the full pre-qualified line if they complete the following steps: Activate and use (any activity that would create a payment due) the card within the first 5 months of the account opening. Make the first five monthly payments on time.
Credit Steps provides a one-time credit limit increase. Once receiving the credit limit increase, the customer is no longer part of the Credit Steps program.

The credit limit will be adjusted to the pre-qualified amount by: the 7th billing statement if customers do not miss a required step. the 10th billing statement if customers miss only one required step.

An account can be permanently removed (before fulfillment) from Credit Steps if a customer: is past due more than 1 time. does not activate and use the account within 5 months.

According to credit steps:

You need to activate and use your card within the first five months of the account being opened. And, of course, make your payments on time. 

If you follow all of the required steps, you will receive your full pre-qualified credit line by your 7th billing statement. 

Any activity that would create a payment. Examples would be making a purchase, cash advances, special transfers, a promotional transaction, of if you make a payment on a membership fee. 

As long as you missed only one of the required steps, you should see your full pre-qualified credit line by the 10th billing statement. 

You

so whast the prequalified credit line in 7 months?

Steven
Let me check that for you. One moment please.

You

if its something very tiny, i will just reconsider and cancel the card

Steven
I see that if you fullfill all the requirements, the full pre-qualified credit line will be $500.00

You

you guys make me laugh... my highest limit is 24K...well will just advise myself when the time comes then

You

have a good day

Steven
You can also request for a credit limit increase online once your account has been opened for 6 months.

Steven
You are welcome. Thank you for being a valued Capital One card holder and it has been a pleasure assisting you!

Steven
My goal today was to provide you with outstanding customer service. I hope I was able to meet that goal for you. If you'd like to provide feedback about your experience with us today, please click here to end the chat and answer a few quick questions.

Our chat session has ended.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Just remember that you can get a $50K venture, dwarfing that puny AMex limit!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.