Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist

@hemi961 wrote:
I feel your pain.

A few months ago I applied for their prestige card (I think that's the
name) and they pulled all 3 reports. The reason for the declination
was that according to TU I'm not a home owner. Since they pulled all
3, does that mean that according to EQ and EX I am a home owner?
That was a new one on me as I've never seen anyplace on a credit
report that says home owner or renter. I'm sure they based that on
the fact that there is no mortgage showing since I paid my 30 year
mortgage off in 10 years and the last payment was made 17 years
ago. I also own an office but the mortgage on that was paid off 12
years ago.

They must stay up late to come up with these excuses.

So true!  Smiley Happy

I got that line once from Bank of America.  Like you, I own my own home(s) and the mortgages have been paid off over a decade ago.  I faxed a real cute letter to the CEO of BoA.  Got the card.  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Cap One has a great card for those with great credit. I've seen astonishing CL's on this one, although this was in the past; who knows if they're still doing so. For folks with great credit who do a lot of international travel, this can be a great catch.

Most of the rest of their cards seem to be builder/ rebuilder cards, and they seem to provide a lot of frustration for consumers --slow or no CLI's and so forth. Thus the origin of the "Crap One" designation.

I keep thinking that they must have a mid-range card in there somewhere, that you would get with 700 - 710 scores, that might start with a $3 - $5K CL, and that increases with time. But I haven't seen evidence of it yet.

Odd to have a top-tier card, with all the rest apparently for starters.

I'm sure CrapOne does have a prime card(s).  However, they can have all the prime cards in the world, but when they pull retarded stunts like they just have it does nothing for their already tarnished image.

In any event, I'm going to give CrapOne a call and see if they can shed some light into the comments they made in their letter.  I am not holding my breath, though.  For some reason I envision them being jerks about it.  If I get any kind of attitude from them, I do know how to make them come to me for forgiveness.  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 57
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

There is also the possiblity with all the mergers and acquisitions of credit card portfolios over the last few years that they have acquired records of your past history with another creditor.  Call 'em up and see what they have to say. 
Message 13 of 57
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Are you specifically aware of any portfolios that Cap1 has bought?
Message 14 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Watchmann wrote:
There is also the possiblity with all the mergers and acquisitions of credit card portfolios over the last few years that they have acquired records of your past history with another creditor.  Call 'em up and see what they have to say. 

Even if they had bought out another credit card company, since my first credit card at 18 I have never had a baddie. 

Either Crap One's blacklist is polluted or you can count the number of functioning brain cells they have on one hand.

I'll call them Monday and see how it goes.  If they insist or otherwise have a crappy attitude, I'll use a LART.  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 57
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

CapOne just gave me a credit limit increase from 300 to 500. Only had the card for 3 months and i got the same message when applying for a decond card, the 45 day wait

I was surprised. I was going online to just pay my bill and i came to that surprise. Although it really isnt needed

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 16 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Run. . .CrapOne's record (customer service, settlement, PFD, reporting balances after settlement) is not a good one.
Message 17 of 57
score_building
Senior Contributor

smartwealth wrote:
Run. . .CrapOne's record (customer service, settlement, PFD, reporting balances after settlement) is not a good one.
unless you default, most of what you mention are non-issues.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 18 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, customer service is a big deal to many people.  The rest apply to those others rebuilding on the forums, looking for Cap1 info.  As the fella above pointed out, they mostly aim target sub prime borrowers or rebuilders, excepting a few if any regular products.  If they were truely in the subprime market to help and not exploit, then their record would be better for those items I mentioned.  Some companies are not out to help as they claim to be thats why I said ruuuun.  Your miles may vary.

Message 19 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
unless you default, most of what you mention are non-issues.

Au contraire, my friend.  Although some of the lower-level front line people may be nice, sooner or later you'll get a real CrapOneHead.

I called CrapOne this morning to find out what obligations with CrapOne I ever had.  Actually, the person I spoke with in credit cards was very nice.  Using my SSN, she said I had no current CrapOne accounts and then she transferred me to debt recovery who also stated they see I have never had any problems with them.  Perplexed, she suggested I also check their mortgage, auto loan and consumer credit departments.  One by one I checked and the results were as expected: I have never done business with CrapOne before.  Up to this point all the people I spoke with were nice.

I was then transferred back to the department that handles credit decisions where the person I spoke with was a real moron.  This lady told me I needed to check with the CRAs to determine what the problem is.  For some reason CrapOne hired this lady even though her IQ has obviously never broken into double digits.  She refused to understand that the CRAs had nothing to do with it since they made the decision to decline without ever pulling my credit reports.  When pressed with what specific CrapOne accounts I had mishandled, she could only say they would not provide further information. 

She gave me a fax number and address if I wanted to write, but I will not do that because a) they'd only pull my credit report and b) I don't feel like doing it.  I will have them served next week and just wait for someone in CrapOne with two functioning brain cells to contact me.  Smiley Wink 

Stay tuned for further developments.  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.