Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist


O6 wrote:

DI wrote:

O6 wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
It's still time to cut bait...

 

Nope:smileyhappy:

 

Perhaps Elizabeth Cady Stanton should have cut bait ... and we'd still have the glorious practice of married or divorced women being refused credit

 

Or Rosa Parks?

 

NopeNot gonna happen.


Why do you go there? There are no racial implications here. Deplorable.


 

You're not looking at the whole picture.

 

Whether you like it or not, the fact is that CrapOne is not following the law or common decency.  If everyone were just to stick their head in the sand as you seem to suggest, then the FDCPA, FCBA, ECOA and most consumer protection laws would be useless. 

 

What's really deplorable is that you believe nobody should stick up for their legal rights.


Bashing a company with all the name calling isn't sticking up to one's rights.  It doesn't lead to anything.  Capital One was here yesterday, it's here today and will be here tomorrow.  If one doesn't like a company(only when things doesn't go their way) move one.  There's no point  with all the "CrapOne" this and "KillCap1" that.  Those are very strong demeaning things to say about any reputable company.   Capital One isn't obligated to approve anyone for an account.  And they certainly not obligated to alter it's terms and agreements to satisfy a particular customer.   That my friend is the bottom line!

Message Edited by DI on 01-15-2010 06:02 AM

 

Just what is your personal stake in CrapOne?

 

FYI, there are probably several thousand Google hits with the moniker CrapOne or a variation thereof.  Whether people like it or not, I am not the first nor will I be the last to use that moniker.  You should learn to live with it just like those of us who happen to like Chase don't cry when someone else has a different opinion.

 

You are also confused about the issue.  The issue is CrapOne must give a) a legitimate / valid reason when declining credit and b) a reason that is reasonably related to creditworthiness.  That is the law.  Perhaps those who don't agree should run for senate and change the law as it currently reads. 


It didn't seem to stop you from applying for one of its cards. You attempted to do business with Capital One despite seeing  thousands of hits you found on google.    

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist


DI wrote:

O6 wrote:

DI wrote:

O6 wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
It's still time to cut bait...

 

Nope:smileyhappy:

 

Perhaps Elizabeth Cady Stanton should have cut bait ... and we'd still have the glorious practice of married or divorced women being refused credit

 

Or Rosa Parks?

 

NopeNot gonna happen.


Why do you go there? There are no racial implications here. Deplorable.


 

You're not looking at the whole picture.

 

Whether you like it or not, the fact is that CrapOne is not following the law or common decency.  If everyone were just to stick their head in the sand as you seem to suggest, then the FDCPA, FCBA, ECOA and most consumer protection laws would be useless. 

 

What's really deplorable is that you believe nobody should stick up for their legal rights.


Bashing a company with all the name calling isn't sticking up to one's rights.  It doesn't lead to anything.  Capital One was here yesterday, it's here today and will be here tomorrow.  If one doesn't like a company(only when things doesn't go their way) move one.  There's no point  with all the "CrapOne" this and "KillCap1" that.  Those are very strong demeaning things to say about any reputable company.   Capital One isn't obligated to approve anyone for an account.  And they certainly not obligated to alter it's terms and agreements to satisfy a particular customer.   That my friend is the bottom line!

Message Edited by DI on 01-15-2010 06:02 AM

 

Just what is your personal stake in CrapOne?

 

FYI, there are probably several thousand Google hits with the moniker CrapOne or a variation thereof.  Whether people like it or not, I am not the first nor will I be the last to use that moniker.  You should learn to live with it just like those of us who happen to like Chase don't cry when someone else has a different opinion.

 

You are also confused about the issue.  The issue is CrapOne must give a) a legitimate / valid reason when declining credit and b) a reason that is reasonably related to creditworthiness.  That is the law.  Perhaps those who don't agree should run for senate and change the law as it currently reads. 


It didn't seem to stop you from applying for one of its cards. You attempted to do business with Capital One despite seeing  thousands of hits you found on google.    


 

If you had taken the trouble to read through the entire thread, you'd have seen where that issue had already been addressed.

 

Just as there are countless negative comments about Chase, Citibank, USAA, Navy Federal and Bank of America all over the Internet, I chose (and stilll choose) to do business with them.  I thought that the warnings about CrapOne were from disgruntled slackers and deadbeats and that *I* wouldn't have problems since I do not have -- nor ever had -- credit problems.  A lot of places that people say are terrible maybe aren't really so bad.  My experience shows that CrapOne is an exception -- they really do seem to deserve their terrible reputation IMO.

IAALBNYL
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 3,091
Registered: ‎08-09-2008
0

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist

One of the greatest things about this board is that peer-to-peer information sharing allows us to get more than just the lender's side of the story. It also gives me some insight into the living/human/tangible side of lending decisions that I personally value-- I know that everybody doesn't, but it really does have value to some. And, when an aspect of someone's contributions doesn't give me the warm fuzzies (but isn't violating any of our forum rules), I just skip over it. It really doesn't hurt! There's really no need to TJ or preach when you don't like someone elses position. If it's relevant to the topic, you can state your case and move on.

 

Also, as lenders calibrate and recalibrate their risk models & business practices, impacting consumers for better or for worse, consumers have in their power an equalizer of sorts-- sharing their experiences with others. The good, the bad, and the ugly, and everything in between add to the growing body of knowledge that consumers can choose to use in their decision-making. Most days, I have competent & working 'common sense', so I'm able to look past an unfavorable moniker and can critically analyze a review to dig deeper into the issues that matter to me and my end goals. I think that most people are that way.

 

So, in the spirit of being FS&R, let's un-jack this one, and get it back on track! :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------


Friendly, Supportive & Respectful


Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources


"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Regular Contributor
Posts: 128
Registered: ‎12-21-2008
0

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist

[ Edited ]

I'm with O6.

 

If he's in a position to hand out some consequences for rude behavior from a customer service employee, more power to him.

 

I'd be very interested in CapOne's response.

Message Edited by QueenBean on 01-25-2010 10:06 AM

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist

There are no consequences for rude customer service behavior.

 

As for the rest of it - we'll see what the outcome is. (If any.)

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:  There are no consequences for rude customer service behavior.

 


Sure there are.  Maybe not legal consequences, but there are consequences nonetheless.

 

Are there a few people who maybe won't apply for a credit product from a bank after they've stumbled upon internet postings about its poor or rude customer service?  You bet! 

 

Does it make a significant difference to that bank?  Probably not. 

 

But there's at least one individual who won't add to the market share % for that bank, and that's the customer who got the rude customer service.  And possibly his friends...and his family...and his neighbors...and the folks that they relay the story to.  Word of mouth is powerful advertising, for good or bad. 

 

 

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:  There are no consequences for rude customer service behavior.

 


Sure there are.  Maybe not legal consequences, but there are consequences nonetheless.

 

Are there a few people who maybe won't apply for a credit product from a bank after they've stumbled upon internet postings about its poor or rude customer service?  You bet! 

 

Does it make a significant difference to that bank?  Probably not. 

 

But there's at least one individual who won't add to the market share % for that bank, and that's the customer who got the rude customer service.  And possibly his friends...and his family...and his neighbors...and the folks that they relay the story to.  Word of mouth is powerful advertising, for good or bad. 


That's the point here. The issuer would have to care for there to be any consequences and they don't.

 

Legal consequences were the main drift this thread has taken and I view pursuing that as akin to pushing on a rope...

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist

Then why do they have retention specialists?  They'd save some money by getting rid of the retention department, wouldn't they?
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

There are no consequences for rude customer service behavior.

 

As for the rest of it - we'll see what the outcome is. (If any.)


Say it isn't so. Had it been deterimined that I hung up on a customer when I worked at an Energy company part-time, I would have been terminated(LOL).  I only last 8 months. I quit!   Working for an energy company in its customer service center made me realize just how crazy some people are.  They were always trying to get out of paying there energy bill.  Suburbs of Houston, TX and New Orleans housed the most rude customers.  

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: CrapOne's Dyslexic Blacklist


DI wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

There are no consequences for rude customer service behavior.

 

As for the rest of it - we'll see what the outcome is. (If any.)


Say it isn't so. Had it been deterimined that I hung up on a customer when I worked at an Energy company part-time, I would have been terminated(LOL).  I only last 8 months. I quit!   Working for an energy company in its customer service center made me realize just how crazy some people are.  They were always trying to get out of paying there energy bill.  Suburbs of Houston, TX and New Orleans housed the most rude customers.  


I used to have a front line customer contact position (non collections) where I was permitted to hang up on people (and in some circumstances encouraged to do so). If you hung up on me I was also permitted to call you right back. (Legitimately, as some disconnects are due to mobiles and cordless phones running out of charge.)

 

There seems to have been a major failure within this thread to recognized that the main complainant feels there will be some kind of legal consequences afoot. We'll see about that...

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.