Did you mean: 

Crapital One is Useless

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One is Useless

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

I'm sorry, but as much as I don't like Capital One anymore, I am going to have to disagree with your posting. Capital One is a great lender to those who need to rebuild credit, or start building credit. Certainly we all have our differences, but I think something more along the lines of "Credit One, or First Premeir is Useless" would be slightly more appropriate. 

If its a concern regarding an application, well then their number is posted in the "Backdoor Numbers" sticky. 

I love how people bemoan that Capital One doesn't behave like a prime lender. Refresh my memory...have they ever pretended to be anything different than what they really are?

The have a steps program...a set of criteria specific to their business model. They follow their business model to the letter...and people decide to either do business with them or not. Why do those who CHOOSE to do business with Cap1 and know what they are from the jump then complain about them AFTER the fact?

I swear, the credit world is quirkier than the mind of Dennis Rodman.

+1. They fill a niche, and IMO, they do it well. For those who are in the process of rebuilding credit, I believe that they are one of the better options. I've been using them as part of my rebuild and have a card with them that gives me cash back for only a $39 AF. I've made way more in cash back than then AF. Compare that with the likes of First Premier! The difference is night and day!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crapital One is Useless

You wont get too many gripes about Cap One from me.  They were the first to extend credit while I was in the rebuilding process.   Opened the door for me to get other cards, helped establish me to the rest of the credit world.  After 6 months gave me a $200 increase.    I would recommend them to anyone trying to rebuild.    I havent had any reason to call their Customer Service- but I have emailed them a time or two.     

Message 12 of 16
android01
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Capital One dont speak English.

This is amusing on so many levels!  Smiley Very Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Admittedly- I found that one quite amusing.    Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 16
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Crapital One is Useless

I can't hate on Capital One right now. They gave me credit even when I've screwed them in the past. Not many lenders would...haha.

They know what they do and they do it well.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Capital One dont speak English.

I do not think Cap1 CSRs speak any language, but I hear they do great sign language.  That just does not work out very well on the phone =/

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.