Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crapital one here we go again...

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: Crapital one here we go again...

If you are still trying to keep your scores up, then leave it open. If you don't care then close it. If it's because of the AF, you can always call and complain when they charge it. I did in Oct 2012 and they removed the AF charge.

That being said, the EO route does work. It worked for me. Be nice. Be patient. Someone will help you if they can. I just took an offer yesterday to convert out of my Platinum MC to a Cash Rewards. Such offers will come. But first you have to get that CL up.

My Plat MC started at a $1000 in 10/11. Stayed that way for a while. End summer 2012, it went up to $1500. Over the winter, I worked the EO route and got cash rewards attached to it and got the limit raised to $5000 in one shot. Now, I just took the offer to officially convert it to a true green Cash Rewards card. I took it. I could gotten one of the Ventures as well but went with the Cash Rewards. 

Moral of the story is that good things can eventually come with C1. I hated them more than anyone due to a lot of BS problems and insulting results but eventually things worked out in my favor. Just keep at it.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 11 of 43
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

This is why this forum is truly one of the best, because of the people that are here. I was soo frustrated after they rejected me for the cli I almost closed it, but kept cool. Myjourney called instead of email, holy crap what a difference!!! I actually felt like they cared and were not reading me the usual script lol. The nice gentleman said he is going to waive the 19 dollar annual fee, add the cashback rewards program, and get back to me regarding the cli which I requested at 5000 my highest cli (chase), he said he would confirm this in 24-48 hours lol I have a good feeling about this
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 12 of 43
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TwinGirls19 wrote:
This is why this forum is truly one of the best, because of the people that are here. I was soo frustrated after they rejected me for the cli I almost closed it, but kept cool. Myjourney called instead of email, holy crap what a difference!!! I actually felt like they cared and were not reading me the usual script lol. The nice gentleman said he is going to waive the 19 dollar annual fee, add the cashback rewards program, and get back to me regarding the cli which I requested at 5000 my highest cli (chase), he said he would confirm this in 24-48 hours lol I have a good feeling about this

Allow me to start the party wasn't sure if you would call or email and with that said....Things are already off to a great start

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@TwinGirls19 wrote:

CONGRATS on your success so far!

Fingers crossed on your CLI!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 43
myjourney
Super Contributor

P.S.

check your account online the next 2 days changes usually show up the night before they call you back

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 15 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

P.S.

check your account online the next 2 days changes usually show up the night before they call you back

This is true the next day after I requested mine I checked my mobile and there it was!!!! Got a call 2 hrs later telling me I got it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 43
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

TwinGirls,

"The nice gentleman said he is going to waive the 19 dollar annual fee, add the cashback rewards program, and get back to me regarding the cli which I requested at 5000 my highest cli (chase), he said he would confirm this in 24-48 hours lol I have a good feeling about this"

BRAVO! That's how it's done. I got the very same treatment with the exact same response...as I stated in my previous post. And when the nice young lady that worked with me called back, it was good news all around! It does work. You just have to know who to call. Never call the basic number to get anything done. I don't even keep it in my phone. I call the escaltion line or Cap One Business (top notch). The escalation number is in the sticky topic on phone numbers. You never wait and you always go to an intellgient native speaker who speaks to you normally. 

Once you get the CL a little higher, check in every few months and ask if you have any offers to convert/upgrade. I went through this EO tactic over the winter (Jan?) and I already had an offer here in April. I don't even know how long it was available. Coulda been a while now. I can say that you shouldn't trust the results from the online version for "offers". It won't always be accurate. I didn't have one listed and I called that day and found out I had offers for an upgrade to either Venure or the Cash Rewards. 

Keep at it....

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 17 of 43
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

P.S.

This is true the next day after I requested mine I checked my mobile and there it was!!!! Got a call 2 hrs later telling me I got it.

noticed it at midnight got the call at 8am 

When i saw the number (caller ID)

I didn't say hello I said you are my favorite person with cap1....she laughed

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 18 of 43
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Very true about checking your online account for status changes. You will see it there and likely before they call. It's instant.

Message 19 of 43
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Lol. Not getting ahead of myself guys lol but funny how myfico forum minds think alike, currently at dinner with the wife and I've logged on twice to check lol I know its too early to tell, sorry its the beer lol
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.