Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crappy One wants me back!!!

tag
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

Crappy One wants me back!!!

Hello everyone,

Been a while since I have posted, the military keeps me VERY busy. But, I havent gotten ANY new cards, my balances havent gotten that much bigger, and my scores have held steady. I used to have Capitalone, I guess it was their starter card. I had the card for a few years, and when my credit was excellent because of a deployment, they would not give me a credit increase, nor would they offer a new card. Capitalone pissed me off so bad, I canceled it, paid it off and cut up the card. Lo and behold, today, I get this in the mail.

At some point we lost you as a customer. We'd like to have you back and hope you'll give us another try. We've recently reviewed your credit information, and we've designed an offer we believe is the right one for you...Right now. Your acurrent credit standing means you are now eligible for this Capital One Platinum MasterCard.

APR $0 on purchases until June 2009
Credit Line up to $1000

And they even had this in bold print:

It's easy to get an automatic credit line increase- use your card within 90 days, stay within your credit limit and make your first three minimum payments on time..

I wonder if Crappy One is on these forums following me?Smiley Very HappyLOL

Oh, Now you want me back? Why wasnt I offered this before? God, this feels good. I have enough cards now and a good mix, so I wouldnt think of accepting this offer, thanks to the information on this forum. Anyone need some kindling paper? I tore it all up and threw it away.

This company has drug me under the bus and now they want me to take their card? Am I seeing this wrong? What do you guys think of this?
TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Crappy One wants me back!!!

That sounds like their Needs Improvement Mastercard. Top CL is $1000. I believe the program they are referring to for CLI is the Credit Steps program.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it is. they gave me 3000 and stepped up to 3500. now i can't get any thing from them.  I'm wiSmiley Madth them 6 years.
Message 3 of 9
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

stpn2me wrote:
Anyone need some kindling paper? I tore it all up and threw it away.

This company has drug me under the bus and now they want me to take their card? Am I seeing this wrong? What do you guys think of this?

I would've written a big fat NO in permanent marker on the offer and mailed it back to them

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The deal doesn't sound to good but I love when they come back and BEG!!!
Message 5 of 9
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

WOW. That offer is a joke. $1000 top CL? Seriously Cap One, lay off the drugs. We're all worried about you.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

what you SHOULD have done was rip it off...and then stuff it back in the pre-paid envelope and sent it back to them. That way they pay for it and they get an envelope full of junk.  Junk deserves junk.  nuff said
Message 7 of 9
FICOfanatic
Valued Member

firstinlastout wrote:
what you SHOULD have done was rip it off...and then stuff it back in the pre-paid envelope and sent it back to them. That way they pay for it and they get an envelope full of junk.  Junk deserves junk.  nuff said

My brother does this all the time... he even stuffs (I mean literally stuffs, where he has to tape it up to send it back) with ripped pages from an old telephone book.  He does it to any company that sends him junk mail with a prepaid envelope.

Sorry to get off topic...

Feels good to be wanted and be in a position to say "No thanks".

Message 8 of 9
marty56
Super Contributor

FICOfanatic wrote:
Feels good to be wanted and be in a position to say "No thanks".

Amen to that brother
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.