Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Things Happening With Chase!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crazy Things Happening With Chase!!!

When I logged onto my account this morning I see that my statement for my Freedom Card has posted.  They are properly posting all the transactions made over the past month and show a total thereof -- BUT, under amount due it says ZERO, and, it says the bill is due tomorrow!  

ALSO, they deposited funds back into our checking account from a BillPay transaction that was dated clear back in May (of this year) saying that a stop payment had been put on the transaction yesterday.  Say what???   Who put the stop payment on a 3 month old transaction and, Why??? 

I contacted Chase and they say they are going to investigate what's going on here. 

Anyone else ever have crazy things like this happening with your Chase account?  We've been customers with them for many, many years and have never encountered anything like this before. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Crazy Things Happening With Chase!!!

I haven't but I will keep an eye on it now Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I logged onto my account this morning I see that my statement for my Freedom Card has posted.  They are properly posting all the transactions made over the past month and show a total thereof -- BUT, under amount due it says ZERO, and, it says the bill is due tomorrow!  

ALSO, they deposited funds back into our checking account from a BillPay transaction that was dated clear back in May (of this year) saying that a stop payment had been put on the transaction yesterday.  Say what???   Who put the stop payment on a 3 month old transaction and, Why??? 

I contacted Chase and they say they are going to investigate what's going on here. 

Anyone else ever have crazy things like this happening with your Chase account?  We've been customers with them for many, many years and have never encountered anything like this before. 

Yes last month, someone deposited $250 on my account and called them to verify, they investigated and said it was an error... The weird thing was, it was a check deposit from a branch

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 3 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Chase has always been pretty good at detecting unauthorized charges on my account or that of my wife's.  Sometimes, they're right, and sometimes the charges are legit, although unusual.  Maybe something you may not be aware of has caused this "zero" glitch.

In any case, if you know you owe for legit charges, and a payment is due tomorrow, even if the online account shows "zero" is due, I'd pay at least a minimum payment online, no matter what.  And I'd pay that today.

To be safe, figure 5% of the total balance as a safe minimum,  if none of those charges are being disputed by you.  But you can call and ask.  I'd just never depend on a CSR's opinion, as it's not his/her credit reputation at stake, it's yours.

Shoot first, ask questions later.  Hopefully, it'll all be straightened out for you quickly, and without you having to jump through hoops explaining why you did not make a payment this month.

Good luck!

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
bribro
Valued Contributor

Just give them a call. Did you happen to change your CC due date recently?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did an online payment for ALL the transactions they are showing this morning.  Those transactions are completely everything that we used our Freedom card for this past month (including up until today) so, there is nothing else owing.  I don't know why the online statement reflects all those charges YET claims we owe them nothing but, I'm not taking any chances!!! 

Regarding the BillPay transaction, come to find out ALL BillPay transactions that are not processed (or "cashed") within three (3) months are considered stale dated by Chase and THEY automatically put a stop payment on the transaction and refund you the money, that is their policy.   It is now imcumbent upon me to check with the payee and find out what their records show and get everything squared away with them.

Even in my old age I as still learning something every day! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.