Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a game plan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a game plan

Hello everyone,

I'm back again after a couple months ago when I went on my credit app spree! I've recovered ym score, but AAoA is around 7 months. Though I wanted to get some feedback on my game plan for achieving the cards I've wanted: Chase Sapphire Prefered and Citi Prestige. I d a ton of traveling and I'm coming up on a trip where I would value the insurance and other 'etc' travel rewards.

Real FICO scores:

EX is 729

EQ is 727

TU is 736

AAoA is 7 months with the following cards, name (Limit) (Age)

- Local bank credit card (650$) (14 months)

- AMEX PRG (NPSL, highest was ~1'800$) (6 months)

- Citi Double Cash (2'000$) (5 months)

- AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles (10'000$) (3 months)

EX Inq: 6 (only two in the past 6 months soon)

EQ Inq: 4 (only one in the past 6 months)

TU Inq: 1 (none in the past 6 months)

All utilizations are at 2% and are paid off entirely every month. I'd say the part part was I applied for the CSP three months ago, before my AMEX PRG reported/approved, so it was clearly a dumb move now I know Chase wants to see at least one $5k+ limit on record. My plan was to wait out for another few months until February for the Chase inquiry to drop off and hope for a pre-qual offers. Not to mention add some age to my AAoA. Or is it just wanted time considering the scores and limits I have now? Tell me what you think and thanks for the advice awhile back!

2 REPLIES 2
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Creating a game plan

Well, for starters you're on the cusp of an auto denial with 4 approvals already.  Chase will deny you if they see 5 cards opened in the past 2 years.  Scores look fine for an approval but, letting things age even more would be helpful for a higher opening CL.  It's probably going to to be a cold app to them though since their pre-quals seem to be junk online right now unless you have an account with them and have something pop up under "offers" and accept it.  

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creating a game plan

Yeah, it's definitely going to be a cold app. I know Chase has the infamous 5/24 rule (everyone complains about it in the travel community), so I've been holding off on new credit cards until I can fit a Chase in the file.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.