Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creative ways to meet bonus spending requirements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creative ways to meet bonus spending requirements

Another option I've used to get to my spend goal:

If you're a member of MyPoints (is there anyone on here that isn't?), they send out emails for swappable.com (I think, don't quote me on that) with usually somewhere around 2500 points for an $100 gift card (sometimes it's 1500 for $50, which is a better deal).

I will buy an Amazon giftcard (3 $100 giftcards is almost exactly enough points to get a free $50 giftcard), which means this is an even better deal than using either my Amazon or Discover card.

Message 31 of 84
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I just tried paying more on my electric than the bill was and it worked. it looks like this will be an option. 

I do this all of the time. The max they will allow me is $600 on credit card. I've gotten in the habit now of paying the power bill once every 2 1/2 months or so.

Message 32 of 84
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Amazon is my goto place to check prices. They usually have the best deals. I'll check into those gift cards. I'm always looking for a good deal and have come across websites that sell gift cards at a discounted price. I've found JC Penney cards for 25-30% off. A great way to rack up points and save money.

I saw the same $600.00 limit when I paid my electric bill. That amount would cover me for the next 15 months Smiley Happy 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 33 of 84
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

Amazon is my goto place to check prices. They usually have the best deals. I'll check into those gift cards. I'm always looking for a good deal and have come across websites that sell gift cards at a discounted price. I've found JC Penney cards for 25-30% off. A great way to rack up points and save money.

I saw the same $600.00 limit when I paid my electric bill. That amount would cover me for the next 15 months Smiley Happy 

Wish it covered mine that long! LMAO

Message 34 of 84
elim
Senior Contributor

Buy the dips in Precious Metals (study a bit to pull it off with min over spot / offset CC fee). Pretty easy to make your cash back (and more) with today's volatility.

Use plastiq to pay your car payment or mortgage ahead.

health and auto insurance.

Food/Ammo storage.

Amazon GC's

Message 35 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@degs138 wrote:
You can't talk about manufactured spending on here

at least it was FSR. And it's actually really good that MyFico doesn't allow MS talk here. Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've bought Costco Cash before when I've wanted to meet minimum spend quickly. Those situations have tended to involve cobrand travel bonuses. No AA.

If your normal spending is about $2k over three months, that's $8k a year. Your available credit is $99k.

Trying to grow the $99k further seems a bit silly to me, but...different people, different goals.

Message 37 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just buy things on sale and then resell them on Amazon, usually for a significant profit.

Message 38 of 84
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've bought Costco Cash before when I've wanted to meet minimum spend quickly. Those situations have tended to involve cobrand travel bonuses. No AA.

If your normal spending is about $2k over three months, that's $8k a year. Your available credit is $99k.

Trying to grow the $99k further seems a bit silly to me, but...different people, different goals.

I usually run about $800.00 per month through my cards. Well, that's for normal expenses. Doesn't include extras.  Some of February's expenses were paid before I started using this card   

To me, credit is like money. I can never have to much. Just have to use both responsibly. My main goal is $100K but higher will be better in case I wan to open another business. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 39 of 84
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I paid my car insurance a year ahead. It was $1200 towards my bonus and it was 0% for a year so it didn't cost me anything to do so. Just make sure you pay it off in time so you don't get nailed with interest.

Personal:

Business:

Message 40 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.