Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credi Card approval based on Scorewatch link

tag
Hope
Valued Member

Credi Card approval based on Scorewatch link

Hi to all on this forums!

It is nice sharing a common goal and reading the stories along the way!!

My question is; If the link on scorewatch gives suggstions for different credit cards that can be  purchased based on scores, then are these an actual list of  almost 100% sure bet situations?  I have a score of 670 on scorewatch and the link is giving me 50 cards to choose from, with one popping up on the top of each new page.

I need o get a second card to raise my utilization.
I am afraid to apply for one of these cards because I do not want to get rejected and have a hit on my report. What does everyone think about this? 
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credi Card approval based on Scorewatch link

Hope wrote:
Hi to all on this forums!

It is nice sharing a common goal and reading the stories along the way!!

My question is; If the link on scorewatch gives suggstions for different credit cards that can be  purchased based on scores, then are these an actual list of  almost 100% sure bet situations?  I have a score of 670 on scorewatch and the link is giving me 50 cards to choose from, with one popping up on the top of each new page.

I need o get a second card to raise my utilization.
I am afraid to apply for one of these cards because I do not want to get rejected and have a hit on my report. What does everyone think about this? 

No, these are general guidelines.  In all things credit-related, there is no such thing as a 100% sure bet approval until you actually apply.

Around here, we like to say "YMMV" (your mileage may vary), and the Scorewatch-recommended CCs are an excellent example of that.

Message 2 of 9
Hope
Valued Member

Thanks Chedder,

I wonder if it is worth trying for the Chase Freedom card which is at the top of he recommendations omn the list I am referring to. I need to do something because my score seems to be stuck. I have managed to get it raised to 670  from 503 over several months and years of effort. I have stayed current on my bills with one 30 day glitch last october which was devastating to me. Other than that it has been almost 2 years since a late pay. The only other problem is a new report from AFNI for a $50 bill from 3 years ago that just hit my CR one month ago. 

I need to do something to raisbe this score, PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!  
Message 3 of 9
Bella1980
Established Contributor

OMG!!!

Do not go based upon their recs.

They have that card at the top of my list as well....look at my scores below...I am NOT getting approved.

They also gave me other prime cards, like discover and citibank as cards for people with my score. They are just trying to get money I think. I bet they get $1 or something for each person that clicks the link and applies!

However, you do have a pretty good score so you may be ok, but don't apply just because of their recommendation.

Check out WGMC and see what scores others who got approved had.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello--try the Chase Freedom. Chase has been very good to many. If you do not get an instant approval call and ask for a reconsideration (recon). I love Chase..excellent customer service every time I have called.
Message 5 of 9
Hope
Valued Member

Thanks for the heads up Bella!

I will keep this in mind. I hope your scores did not get hurt to bad when you applied and was turned down.

I am surprised that this type of situation would be happening to people using FICO!!!

Hope

Message 6 of 9
Hope
Valued Member

Miah Marie,

I appreciate your encouragement!!!

I am so afraid to try for a new card because I do not want a rejection. Do you have any history on the scores that are acceptable to Chase?

Thanks,

Hope
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give me a minute to check my reports. I can give you a better picture that way!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied Disney- Automatic approval $1k Pulled EX 614

Applied Amazon- Automatic approval $3k Pulled EX 626 & TU 640

Applied Chase Seamiles-Declined Recon- $2k (Too many inquiries) EX 620

Two CLI's requested both granted and both hard inquiries! CL= 9k now

Also I used the line consolidation to get the Seamiles and Disney transferred to the Amazon.

Seamiles is changeable to Freedom, not sure about Amazon...definitely not Disney.

HTH
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.