Did you mean: 

Credit Access Line

tag
Dawn
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Access Line

fused wrote:

denbar2003 wrote:
I just realized that the new Chase Freedom Cash World MasterCard we received has a Credit Access Line instead of a Credit Limit. Does Chase report this as a Credit Limit? 

It depends, how big is this credit access line?

Only $5,000 ... and it did end up reporting as revolving / open with no CL visible and using the high balance ($672) for credit availability and the balance ($672) factored into utilization.  Yuck!!!

We discussed this in greater depth  over here:

Chase manually updated the Credit Line, but it remains to be seen if it is going to "stick" permanently.
Message 11 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

denbar2003 wrote:

fused wrote:

denbar2003 wrote:
I just realized that the new Chase Freedom Cash World MasterCard we received has a Credit Access Line instead of a Credit Limit. Does Chase report this as a Credit Limit? 

It depends, how big is this credit access line?

Only $5,000 ... and it did end up reporting as revolving / open with no CL visible and using the high balance ($672) for credit availability and the balance ($672) factored into utilization.  Yuck!!!

We discussed this in greater depth  over here:

Chase manually updated the Credit Line, but it remains to be seen if it is going to "stick" permanently.

Too bad, I was hoping you were going to say a line of 50 or 60K.
Message 12 of 14
MystiAnne

I have another question--does calling it a credit access limit get them out of the recent controls placed on credit cards (notification days before reducing or closing credit)?

Message 13 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@MystiAnne wrote:

I have another question--does calling it a credit access limit get them out of the recent controls placed on credit cards (notification days before reducing or closing credit)?

Hi MystiAnne and welcome,

In case you didn't notice this thread is well over 3 years old so the information in it could very well be out dated.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.