cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Addict - How Many Is Too Many?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Addict - How Many Is Too Many?

Message 11 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vpae wrote:

For some reason I thought this was a question directed towards CreditAddict Smiley Very Happy

LOL

Message 12 of 60
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Laddi wrote:

@vpae wrote:

For some reason I thought this was a question directed towards CreditAddict Smiley Very Happy

+1

+2

Message 13 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vpae wrote:

Me too!

Message 14 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vpae wrote:

Here's the list - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Creditaddict-List/m-p/3521691

Not sure if it's fully up to date.

but as far as for you, everyone is differnet. If you have a use for each one, can manage it, and enjoy doing it, then there's never too many.

Probably NOT up-to-date since he recently aquired a couple more cards. Isn't he 65+ cards now?

Message 15 of 60
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@vpae wrote:

Here's the list - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Creditaddict-List/m-p/3521691

Not sure if it's fully up to date.

but as far as for you, everyone is differnet. If you have a use for each one, can manage it, and enjoy doing it, then there's never too many.

Probably NOT up-to-date since he recently aquired a couple more cards. Isn't he 65+ cards now?

True....... CA's ever growing fleet of cards he probably picked another few cards over the weekend, he's got the Midas touch Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I find it funny that my first post happened to unintentionally direct a question to someone by the name of Credit Addict haha. 

Message 17 of 60
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

Have taken a look at the Sallie Mae MC yet? If you can, I'd definitely look into trying to get that card.

+1.   I think that CC would be better for OP than the Chase Amazon.

And yes, like many others have said, I thought this post was toward member CreditAddict.  Admittedly, I'd be curious as to how many cards he'd say was "too many," but my guess is...

In all seriousness, there are members here that think 2 cards is too many and those that think 100+ isn't enough.   I think that, so long as your profile supports the cards you want and you have no issue managing the CCs, go for the CCs that are needed/wanted/useful.

(Edited for a bunch of glaring typos)

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 18 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 haha I would like to read CreditAddict's response as well.

Side Note: I actually applied for the Amazon.com Chase Card, got approved with a 2,500 Limit and got a $70 gift card. I opened it for the sole purpose for purchases on Amazon. 

My next card is definitely going to be the Sallie Mae Card. But my question is I have recently applied for 3 new credit cards and got approved for all 3 (Citi Thank You Preferred, Citi Double Cash, Amazon.com Chase) my CK score right now is 740. I expect it go down a bit from these 3 new cards. How long should I wait until I apply for the Sallie Mae card? I was thinking 6-8 months from now. What do you guys think?

Message 19 of 60
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 haha I would like to read CreditAddict's response as well.

Side Note: I actually applied for the Amazon.com Chase Card, got approved with a 2,500 Limit and got a $70 gift card. I opened it for the sole purpose for purchases on Amazon. 

My next card is definitely going to be the Sallie Mae Card. But my question is I have recently applied for 3 new credit cards and got approved for all 3 (Citi Thank You Preferred, Citi Double Cash, Amazon.com Chase) my CK score right now is 740. I expect it go down a bit from these 3 new cards. How long should I wait until I apply for the Sallie Mae card? I was thinking 6-8 months from now. What do you guys think?

I think that's a very prudent observation and a great plan.   Anecdotally, Barclay's can be apprehensive about too many new accounts at once.   In 6 months, the affect of the INQs on your scores will largely dissipate and your accounts will have aged someone in that time period.   If you can wait at least 6 months, it's a great idea.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.