cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Addict - How Many Is Too Many?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Addict - How Many Is Too Many?

Hey Guys! I just wanted to share the good news Smiley Happy I got approved for the Sallie Mae card with a 9.4K CL Smiley Happy

Thanks to everyone who suggested the card to me.

Message 31 of 60
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm SO Late to the party you already got approved for 2 cards!!!

I love my Amazon card but sallie mae really is better I just can't get it.

Travel... Arrival I think is still best but also by barclay.

Message 32 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Credit Addict!! It's such a pleasure to finally meet you Smiley Happy I'm new here and as you can see my post was coincidentally directed towards you. Don't worry I won't compete with the cards you have under your belt haha. I really like the Travel Arrival, the only deterrent for me is the annual fee. What are your thoughts on this? 

Also I would appreciate your feedback in regards to 2 Citi cards I have. I applied first for the Thankyou card not knowing about the Double Cash card and they were not able to convert it as it's a new account. So I ended up applying for the Double Cash card and got approved. But now I have no use for the Thankyou card. Others suggest so SD and do a product change when a better card comes out by Citi. Do you think that's the best route? I would love to know your thoughts! Thanks again. 

Message 33 of 60
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Credit Addict!! It's such a pleasure to finally meet you Smiley Happy I'm new here and as you can see my post was coincidentally directed towards you. Don't worry I won't compete with the cards you have under your belt haha. I really like the Travel Arrival, the only deterrent for me is the annual fee. What are your thoughts on this? 

Also I would appreciate your feedback in regards to 2 Citi cards I have. I applied first for the Thankyou card not knowing about the Double Cash card and they were not able to convert it as it's a new account. So I ended up applying for the Double Cash card and got approved. But now I have no use for the Thankyou card. Others suggest so SD and do a product change when a better card comes out by Citi. Do you think that's the best route? I would love to know your thoughts! Thanks again. 

Yes, I agree with SD and convert at some point or maybe at some point citi will get on the wagon of allowing consolidation of cards and you can move the cl over... for now just monitor it every 6 months and see if you get the button for CLI with no credit check (maybe put 1 charge on it every few months or if you have something like Netflix and won't forget to pay the bill or set it up on auto pay bill it to this citi ty)

AF's are going to depend how much you are going to use a card to rather it's worth it for you... unless you travel a lot and could like get yourself into a category with upgrades to first class (i find kind of rare these days with how full plans are) or pick 1 hotel your always in then I prefer just cash! and double cash is great!

Message 34 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes, I agree with SD and convert at some point or maybe at some point citi will get on the wagon of allowing consolidation of cards and you can move the cl over... for now just monitor it every 6 months and see if you get the button for CLI with no credit check (maybe put 1 charge on it every few months or if you have something like Netflix and won't forget to pay the bill or set it up on auto pay bill it to this citi ty)

AF's are going to depend how much you are going to use a card to rather it's worth it for you... unless you travel a lot and could like get yourself into a category with upgrades to first class (i find kind of rare these days with how full plans are) or pick 1 hotel your always in then I prefer just cash! and double cash is great!

You're awesome Smiley Happy Thanks for the prompt response and sound advice, I will for sure keep you guys posted on my credit hobby. I look forward to more interactions with you and fellow community members. Happy holidays Creditaddict! 

Message 35 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news guys! Just got a CL increase on my Amex BCE from 3K to 9K! 

Message 36 of 60
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

SWEET!

Message 37 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

SWEET!

Thanks CreditAddict! I was looking at some topics where you suggested on the Double Cash card to do a CLI and use the online tool to request 20K, do you know if it will result in a hard pull? Because it shows that they will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate the request. Also do you think in addition to the credit line increase request I should call the Executive Offic and ask to transfer my 2K limit on my Thankyou  Preffered to my Double Cash card? Any tips would be appreciated Smiley Happy 

Message 38 of 60
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes hp although some have reported back that when done soon after approval they didn't end up with another hp but I'd plan on it.
Citi EO is worthless
Message 39 of 60
MS103127
New Contributor

Looks like you have some hardcore competition, CreditAddict...lol Smiley LOL

Message 40 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.