Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

tag
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

^ I dont know, an enemy who would give me $300 is pretty friendly Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 81 of 381
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

Are you guys calling the back door numbers when your denied credit? I have called Chase 2 different times. One was about thirty minutes ago to get a reconsideration for a chase sapphire preffered....and got approved for 5000.  I also had success with BoA this way!!

Message 82 of 381
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@redwalker2929 wrote:

Are you guys calling the back door numbers when your denied credit? I have called Chase 2 different times. One was about thirty minutes ago to get a reconsideration for a chase sapphire preffered....and got approved for 5000.  I also had success with BoA this way!!

I definitely recommend ALWAYS calling the back door number for a recon if you are denied. Why waste a perfectly good inquiry? Smiley Very Happy

Message 83 of 381
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Valued Member
sandsanta

Re: LensCrafters Denied. LOL

You need to actually quit for a bit dude.  Your reports are getting toxic and the cards you're applying for now are complete garbage. Stop pushing the envelope for what really is increasingly diminshing returns. 

Starting Score: Ex:676 Eq: 676 TU:664
Current Score: Ex:716 Eq: 676 TU:701
Goal Score: 700+ Across the Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Shamelessly stolen from another thread....there's wisdom in this post...
04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 84 of 381
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I'm not going to read all 9 pages, and I'm not sure I belong here.  I wanted to join the garden club but it sounds so boring.

I told myself I would not apply for anything, but I got on some sort of crazed, mindless thrill ride yesterday and applied for (it was just one thing, not a thrill ride with multiple "sins") a First National Bank of Omaha VISA.  I think I have a low chance of getting it.

I had just gotten my FAKOs into the 700s for the first time ever, also, and a matched set of 711, 711, 711 at that.  They pulled EQ.  I was sure it was going to be EX.  I'm not happy about that.

There's a place to check status on their site and I've checked it three times already and I predict about 20 checks per day till I get the big fat NO I'm pretty sure I'll get.

Super Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I'm not going to read all 9 pages, and I'm not sure I belong here.  I wanted to join the garden club but it sounds so boring....

There's a place to check status on their site and I've checked it three times already and I predict about 20 checks per day till I get the big fat NO I'm pretty sure I'll get.

LOL! 

I dunno...judging by that last sentence, you may have found a home here in the Dungeon...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 86 of 381
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I'm not going to read all 9 pages, and I'm not sure I belong here.  I wanted to join the garden club but it sounds so boring.

I told myself I would not apply for anything, but I got on some sort of crazed, mindless thrill ride yesterday and applied for (it was just one thing, not a thrill ride with multiple "sins") a First National Bank of Omaha VISA.  I think I have a low chance of getting it.

I had just gotten my FAKOs into the 700s for the first time ever, also, and a matched set of 711, 711, 711 at that.  They pulled EQ.  I was sure it was going to be EX.  I'm not happy about that.

Welcome!

The first step in curing your app-addiction is to admit that you have an addiction. Your thrill ride yesterday suggests that there is a inner want to app that might spin out of control. Were here to help!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 87 of 381
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I'll grant you that gardening is not the visercal thrill that apping is, but at some point it does become necessary. After a certain point, continuous apping is harmful to one's scores and reports -- the AAoAs remains low and inqs continue to rack up.

Gardening comes with quieter rewards -- watching one's AAoA inch up, qualifying for CLIs, etc. We've celebrated a few members' CLIs in the Garden Club this month, including a whopping $4000 CL on my DH's Lowe's card. It is cause for joy when a card with a toy limit suddenly becomes usable for major purchases.

Gardening also allows one to have time to contemplate whether or not adding a new account is really and truly worth doing, and if it is, then evaluating whether or not the time is right. I've recently received an offer for a card that's on my wish list, but I still have some baddies on my reports that need to drop off. I really want the card, but am deliberately holding off until things age off next year. That way, I'll have a much better chance of approval and won't have to contend with a plethora of inqs left over from unsuccessful attempts. It's a matter of making sure that the soil is right before planting.

So, boring? Compare to apping, yes. But, it comes with it's own little joys and a sense of quiet satisfaction. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 88 of 381
learnin113
Established Contributor

Gardening can only happen AFTER apping, usually an app spree followed by the inevitable denial.  It is almost impossible to deter an apper...when they are getting approvals.  LOL.

Message 89 of 381
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think its so bad. I've read on here that after you get 12+ inquiries, more than that are practically irrelevant. As in 12 INQ is just as bad as 50 INQ.

My new personal tactic, since my credit history is fairly short. Is to get as many no annual fee cards as I possibly can. Inquiries be damned. If I can get 30 credit cards, I will get 30 credit cards. They will all report on my credit report for the next 10 years even if they close and my AAoA will be invincible.

Message 90 of 381
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.