Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

We are all app addicts, whether recovering from our addiction or not.  We hang out on a FICO forum, for God's sake!  After reading hundreds of threads on approvals and denials (usually due to to many inq's) the only thing I find distressing - and the SURE sign of an addict - is that people continue to damage their credit reports and histories  regardless of the consequences of their actions.  Smiley Sad

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 91 of 381
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Looks like the dungeon is getting negative press on some other threads **cough** garden club **cough** saying were making people app.....

C'MON MAN!!!!!!!

Our mere exsistance is due to the fact that said gardeners are getting sunburnt and restless in the garden!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 92 of 381
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think its so bad. I've read on here that after you get 12+ inquiries, more than that are practically irrelevant. As in 12 INQ is just as bad as 50 INQ.

My new personal tactic, since my credit history is fairly short. Is to get as many no annual fee cards as I possibly can. Inquiries be damned. If I can get 30 credit cards, I will get 30 credit cards. They will all report on my credit report for the next 10 years even if they close and my AAoA will be invincible.

Except that with 30 new TLs no serious lender will touch you with a pole. You'll end up with 200 Cap 1 and Orchards? Think about it, the garden is better than the Orchard!!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 93 of 381
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Think about it, the garden is better than the Orchard!!

That's sig worthy, right there.  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 94 of 381
Varakai
New Contributor

Have to agree with SevenNew. While it may not matter for FICO scoring to show 12, 30 or even 50 inq's, it sure does for the chances of approval for decent credit lines and future apps for car loans or mortgage. 

It is also highly unlikely that any of the new approvals will grow with you in time. I mean, I don't think you will ever end up with 50 cards with a CL of $5K ea for a total available CL of $250K while making $50K per year for example and thus will have a majority of cards with toy lines of credit.

You are seen as high risk during manual underwriting. Sure, some of those cards might offer you a decent CL with time, but not the majority. Having that many lines of credit also increases your risk for late payment I would think. Seems like a full time job just keeping cards active and making sure the payments are made on time.

All of this is just my opinion and am sure there exceptions to everything.

Starting Score: 500’s
Current Score: EQ Fico 707 TU Fico 737 TU08 Fico (Wal-Mart)736 EX Fico 733
Goal Score: 760+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 95 of 381
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Think about it, the garden is better than the Orchard!!

That's sig worthy, right there.  Smiley Happy

Done!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 96 of 381
IowaGuy
Contributor

Just got an instant approval for PenFed Promise Visa, limit 7,000.

Smiley Sad

Thats 3 cards in last half year. Im done now, srsly.

700 Club
Amex Gold PR, Main card, Role: rewards
Chase Amazon Visa, Role: Amex backup
Pen Fed Promise, Role: low APR, balances
Amazon Store Card, Role: 0% financing
Message 97 of 381
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

There are gardeners.......and there are app-addicts like myself.

Feel free to join me while I stick my foot in my mouth..............(amazon denied) Smiley Very Happy

So if your like me and just CANT control yourself, pull up a chair and vent off in this thread!

Hello, I notice in your signature that you wrote TU08 Walmart.  How do you know that Walmart is the TU08?  Have "we" gotten confirmation from them?

Thanks in advance!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 98 of 381
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

There are gardeners.......and there are app-addicts like myself.

Feel free to join me while I stick my foot in my mouth..............(amazon denied) Smiley Very Happy

So if your like me and just CANT control yourself, pull up a chair and vent off in this thread!

Hello, I notice in your signature that you wrote TU08 Walmart.  How do you know that Walmart is the TU08?  Have "we" gotten confirmation from them?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, via MarineVietVet

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 99 of 381
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

The TU score from Walmart is officially TU08

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 100 of 381
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.