Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

tag
SimonP
Valued Member

Re: Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

I just finished reading all the 16 pages here. Regarding the Garden Club member comments, you can always change the Dungeon name to Credit Hotline or something like that to encourage people not to do it. I've to agree dungeon is kind of a cool name. Smiley Happy

EDIT: Maybe App Hotline?

My Wallet: Wells Fargo Visa, Chase Freedom 5%, Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Sapphire, Amex Blue Cash Preferred (BCP), US Bank Cash+, Citi Premier
Message 161 of 381
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I figured I might as well join this AA meeting too (App Anon)!!! I've been App free for about...... an hour..... Smiley Sad I was just approved for my Amex Zync.... Smiley Very Happy.... I mean Smiley Sad...... Trying to stay away from Discover...... Smiley Embarassed 

I'M FEELING TREMORS IN MY HANDS FROM THE WITHDRAWL....... 

don't do it!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 162 of 381
Smug
Established Contributor

😱good Luck holding out!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 163 of 381
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

Hey I made it to day 5 app free! I almost app'd today so this is huge!
Message 164 of 381
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying not to app for Amex. I don't really want a charge card, but I figure I'll have to get a Zync to get my foot in the door with them before I can get a revolving card. I plan to apply for a new auto loan in the next few months, so I'm trying not to rack up a bunch of inquiries - but it's hard to stay away from the apping. Now that Discover approved me, I really want to apply for both Amex and Chase (for a Freedom) so I can axe my Cap One cards.

Message 165 of 381
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

7 days APP free

got my Amex Blue in the mail a couple days, ago charged about $98 on it,  PIF plus $2 tonight, going to pay down my cards from christmas binge,  got my util upto 24% from 18%  took a 20 point hit as each card showed an increase in balance, none more than 30% not going to app for a least 90 days. then try for a sweet backdated BCE or Zync card, 9 months of bonus backdating since the card will be dated feb or march 2011. boosting my AAoA since its currently stands at 1 year 2 months and the AMEX blue hasn't even hit yet. 

then another 3-6 months and apply for a sam's club card since I shop there every couple weeks. And maybe a VISA credit card, my only VISA currently is a debit card strange how that worked out. 

Then I am probably done unless i get a Bill Me Later account for a HP server. 

Too Many cards to fit in my wallet

AMEX Blue 6K

Capitalone Platinum  2k 

Capitalone Rewards 750

BestBuy MC                  600

Sears  HSBC  MC        400

Tiger Direct                   4000

Amazon Store              1200

Walmart store              900

WomanWithin              580

Onestop                        500

KingSize Direct            500

Brylane Home              250   first card on my list to cancel

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 166 of 381
Nightfallx
New Contributor

don't do sams club, get the costco amex it's so amazing. and i find it easier to not app once you have all the sweet cards, i currently have chase sapphire, discover more, amex zync, and a citi forward, and best buy store card.  im pretty content on my cards i have no other card i want lol.

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 167 of 381
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Nightfallx wrote:

don't do sams club, get the costco amex it's so amazing. and i find it easier to not app once you have all the sweet cards, i currently have chase sapphire, discover more, amex zync, and a citi forward, and best buy store card.  im pretty content on my cards i have no other card i want lol.

no costco local to me, its at least 50 miles away 

from what i have heard sam's club cards get decent limits, usually around 3-5k to start. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 168 of 381
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I'm at 17 days app free...I think...

No baddies on any of my CR's...utilization is a little high, but coming down....

Gonna try to make 2012 an app free year.

I should qualify for prime cards 01 January 2013.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 169 of 381
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying not to app for Amex. I don't really want a charge card, but I figure I'll have to get a Zync to get my foot in the door with them before I can get a revolving card. I plan to apply for a new auto loan in the next few months, so I'm trying not to rack up a bunch of inquiries - but it's hard to stay away from the apping. Now that Discover approved me, I really want to apply for both Amex and Chase (for a Freedom) so I can axe my Cap One cards.

I kind of regret getting a zync...... I literally have no use for it that I can see. I just got it so I can backdate to it later, I guess that could be considered a use. I think I used it to buy a cup of yogurt. I didn't need a year with a zync in order to get approved for revolver. Probably just an added year of history with other creditors would have done it just as well.

Message 170 of 381
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.