Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

@ilovelisa wrote:

I am so embarrassed, that I let my app addiction get this far.

I apped for a DCU Visa, a few days ago, got a message that a loan officer would be in touch with me. The next day I receive a call, the reps tells me my app was declined, and that in the past 12 months, I apparently have 82 inquires on my credit report. Smiley Embarassed. But still I'm getting approved for cards. She also said, it looks as if someone may be using my credit, and I might want to look into it. I thought to myself "yea it was all me."  So embarrassed.

I have to ask, how is that even possible? Smiley Happy

Multiple home / auto shopping?

        
Message 361 of 381
dodgeball
Established Contributor

I thought I was bad with 21 Equifax inquirys. Oh well got to hit the garden for the next six months min. Than I am going to try to get the last of the missing pieces USAA American Express.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 362 of 381
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

I am so embarrassed, that I let my app addiction get this far.

I apped for a DCU Visa, a few days ago, got a message that a loan officer would be in touch with me. The next day I receive a call, the reps tells me my app was declined, and that in the past 12 months, I apparently have 82 inquires on my credit report. Smiley Embarassed. But still I'm getting approved for cards. She also said, it looks as if someone may be using my credit, and I might want to look into it. I thought to myself "yea it was all me."  So embarrassed.

I have to ask, how is that even possible? Smiley Happy

Multiple home / auto shopping?

Unfortunately no, all credit card inquiries.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 363 of 381
McArthur
Regular Contributor

Bless me, Father, for I have app'd.  It has been, basically, one year-long continual app spree and these are my sins:

- 17 INQs across the 3 CRAs

- 17 new trade lines (7 of which are AUs)

- 100% success rate

- CLs > gross income

- FICOs all hovering around 771

. . . and, frighteningly, still about 7 items left on my "To App" list.

I'm resolved not to app for anything at all, but for the occasional INQ-free CLI, as right now I'm pooping bullets and willing to do whatever penance to keep current creditors from not taking AA when they soft my credit reports.

Instead of the traditional Hail Mary's and Our Father's, how about some industrial strength Prozac?

Message 364 of 381
drkaje
Senior Contributor

82Re: Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

82?!!!!

LS have mercy!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 365 of 381
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: 82Re: Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

Damn, I have 8 across the board because of a recent app spree.  I feel guilty as hell, and am gardening until they are all gone.  That's the plan anyway.

Message 366 of 381
jmco
Contributor

Re: 82Re: Credit App-Addiction Dungeon

I love this string!!!  I can't stop!!!!!  Help!!!!

Woman Frustrated

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 367 of 381
mirachi
Regular Contributor

I'm telling you...I do not have an app addiction - I just like to diversify my wallet a bit~   *looks so innocent not even butter will melt in my mouth*

...and if I did, I promise you, I'll stop after the next one!! (that'll be the last one!! really!) Smiley Tongue

Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 368 of 381
starry1
Valued Contributor

82?! I'm awe-struck. I thought I was bad at 9, with four being a car loan and one being a ca pull. Yikes.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 369 of 381
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I apped and was approved for barclays 2 weeks ago so that kind of stopped me from applying

+1

(urge is still there though!)

Message 370 of 381
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.