Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

Credit Approval Question

DEPARTMENT STORE CARDS.
Do you stand a better chance at getting approved in store or online just curious.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Re: Credit Approval Question

I have wondered this as well. I think some people have reported that they felt it helped to be in store. I'd be afraid to be declined in the store though.

But, you are not thinking of applying for anything are ya? I know you woudln't be doin' that! :smileywink:
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

UpUpUp wrote:
I have wondered this as well. I think some people have reported that they felt it helped to be in store. I'd be afraid to be declined in the store though.

But, you are not thinking of applying for anything are ya? I know you woudln't be doin' that! :smileywink:

Right i don't think that's ever happen to me. No i'm not thinking about applying for anything as of yat lol:smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
unknown_entity

You probably stand a good chance for a better credit limit by applying in store, but the approval rate is probably the same since it's a computer program that usually determines whether you get approved or not.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+