Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cad Balance Reporting

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Credit Cad Balance Reporting

Has anyone noticed if it's taking a while for their updated to show in their CR's, or maybe it's just me. It seems like for the month of Jan it's taking an awful long time for my new balances to show up, especially compared to my new statements that are about to cut. I paid off 4 CC's (out of the 8 that I have) to a $0 balance, now I only have 1 reporting a small balance so I'm pretty anxious to see how much my score increases. It seems like in previous months my reports updated pretty quick, maybe it's because it is Jan and the new year or maybe I'm just being impatient waiting to see my score rise. Just wanted to reach out and if anyone else has noticed anything.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Cad Balance Reporting

@Gibran wrote:

Has anyone noticed if it's taking a while for their updated to show in their CR's, or maybe it's just me. It seems like for the month of Jan it's taking an awful long time for my new balances to show up, especially compared to my new statements that are about to cut. I paid off 4 CC's (out of the 8 that I have) to a $0 balance, now I only have 1 reporting a small balance so I'm pretty anxious to see how much my score increases. It seems like in previous months my reports updated pretty quick, maybe it's because it is Jan and the new year or maybe I'm just being impatient waiting to see my score rise. Just wanted to reach out and if anyone else has noticed anything.

They'll report typically on or a little after your statement date (w/ a couple of exceptions). Are most of your statement dates in the first half of the month?

Message 2 of 4
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Yep 3 of the 4 that I paid off have a statement dates in the first half of the month.

CapOne - 13th

HSBC - 12th

BBRZ - 7th

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 3 of 4
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Unless you just did a major utilization reduction, I don't think you'll see much of a difference.  I think the monthly average is around 5 to 8 points each month just for paying your bills.  Some companies wait until the end of the month and send over one batch of updates rather than after each customer's statements... each is different.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.