Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card APR

tag
JWest
Regular Contributor

Credit Card APR

Is there a way to find out your current APR on a credit card account?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ALLevesque
Established Member

Re: Credit Card APR

it usually shows on your statement.

Message 2 of 9
JWest
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks a lot
Message 3 of 9
JWest
Regular Contributor

I have a second question does Apr usually drop over time or stay the same the entire time?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JWest wrote:
I have a second question does Apr usually drop over time or stay the same the entire time?

Depends on you card, I have a citi Forward that drops .25 every 3 months for on time payments

Message 5 of 9
ALLevesque
Established Member

none of my APRs have ever dropped.  I had one go up once a few years back when my util was high.

You can sometimes call to request a lower APR, but I never have just because I've gotten in the habit of PIF every month, so apr doesn't really matter much to me.

Message 6 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@JWest wrote:

Same area of the statement should say whether it's variable or fixed. Variable rates go up and down with the prime rate...fixed is obviously fixed. If you have online access, you can also find out the info when you log in to the system.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 9
JWest
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks guys for the info
Message 8 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@JWest wrote:

It takes a simple call to sk if there is an APR reduction available for your account. I got my AMEX reduced by 2%

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.