Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Account Protection

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Credit Card Account Protection

I just activated a new CC and realized after the fact that I didn't get the typical sell about the 'account protection plan' that costs a small percentage of your balance each month.  I never go for these plans, but I found it curious that they didn't ask...is there any chance they will automatically enroll me in that without asking?  The bank is Chase.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Account Protection

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

I just activated a new CC and realized after the fact that I didn't get the typical sell about the 'account protection plan' that costs a small percentage of your balance each month.  I never go for these plans, but I found it curious that they didn't ask...is there any chance they will automatically enroll me in that without asking?  The bank is Chase.

No Chase won't do that.  No creditor can forced you into a product. 

Message 2 of 5
FrugalRican
Blogger

Let me guess, you've had a credit card account with Bank of America?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only place that did not push that credit card protection plan on me was my credit union.  Every other experience I have had resulted in me saying, "no thank you" two or three times before they give up.

Message 4 of 5
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Nope no Bank of America...but every other CC tried to sell me on it.  That's why I thought it was odd that Chase didn't.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.