Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card App, Further Review, Called Backdoor, Problem, Help Pls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card App, Further Review, Called Backdoor, Problem, Help Pls

I applied for a chase card online and got the further review response. I found the quick way to expedite this process here and called the backdoor number. I spoke to a gal that asked me questions about my credit report. I answered them and then she told me that I still need further processing. I asked her if that was a nice way of telling me I was denied and she said no that I was approved but still needed more verification. I'm stumped and have good credit so if someone could shed some light on this for me I would appreciate it. I've applied for a few other cards and got the same answer but haven't called them. Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card App, Further Review, Called Backdoor, Problem, Help Pls

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for a chase card online and got the further review response. I found the quick way to expedite this process here and called the backdoor number. I spoke to a gal that asked me questions about my credit report. I answered them and then she told me that I still need further processing. I asked her if that was a nice way of telling me I was denied and she said no that I was approved but still needed more verification. I'm stumped and have good credit so if someone could shed some light on this for me I would appreciate it. I've applied for a few other cards and got the same answer but haven't called them. Thank you.

I know I've had instances in the past where I had to further talk to a security department to verify my identity. Usually happened because I had just moved and my addresses weren't yet synced on my CR. Could that be a possible situation? 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes, too, instead of asking for a pay stub (they might not want to act too intrusive) they will call the phone number you put down as your employer phone number to see if you are really employed there. Amex did this to me, they called the receptionist and asked to be transferred to me. After they were transferred, my phone rang once and they hung up. That was all the needed and I was approved within an hour of them doing this. Just a thought based on my experience.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did just move and haven't put anything in my name that would show up on my report yet. The questions she asked were stuff that my now seperated wife took care of and I really didn't know the answers perfectly. She said there was a problem with the "verification " not the credit approval. Will what I get in the mail help me to get approved or am I declined?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.