Valued Contributor
RyVision

Re: Credit Card App strategy/planning

Rysiir;

From what I see (and NO one cyber slap me LOL), your info looks like it could qualify for your goal CC's and accounts now.....   I highly doubt AMEX would check anything but EX. As far as AMEX goes, you could probably apply for a charge and BCP the same day and have a good chance at taking only one hit on EX.

AMEX only pulled EX for me on Zync (each time, 5 months apart, second instant NPSL) and 1st of the month for BCE (a no but no rush, got Discover More to ease that pain lol). Mom got PenFed and Freedom (that sounds funny...) the same month (actually, it may have been the same few days, PenFed first of course).   I really don't see a problem with your goals happening soon.  If you're concerned about too many new accounts at once, do the one you want most first, then wait just over 6 months and go for the next. Even if you don't wait, that pattern would be the same minus the time line.

Established Member
Rysiir

So, after much deliberation I finally decided to just go for it. Well mostly. I ended up applying for the USAA Platinum Rewards Visa and the AMEX BCP and low and behold approved for both! USAA Approval was instant, and AMEX gave me the application pending will notify in 14 days by mail message but an immediate check of the online application status showed approved.

USSA Visa - 15k CL

BCP - Unknown until I call during business hours

Super excited, I appreciate all of the input/feedback and I look forward to app'ing for my Chase Freedom in six months when my TU gets with the program and the last of the baddies fall off!

Starting Score: EQ: 635, TU: 623 EX: ???
Current Score: EQ: 789, TU: 783, EX: 773 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800+ on ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
RyVision

Rysiir wrote:

So, after much deliberation I finally decided to just go for it. Well mostly. I ended up applying for the USAA Platinum Rewards Visa and the AMEX BCP and low and behold approved for both! USAA Approval was instant, and AMEX gave me the application pending will notify in 14 days by mail message but an immediate check of the online application status showed approved.

USSA Visa - 15k CL

BCP - Unknown until I call during business hours

Super excited, I appreciate all of the input/feedback and I look forward to app'ing for my Chase Freedom in six months when my TU gets with the program and the last of the baddies fall off!

Big Congrats!  I really didn't see any problem from the info you listed with you being approved for even all 3 at once really LOL. (I think the other responders to your post might have felt similar, not sure, it's always YMMV as they say).  (Chase is iffy sometimes, you're right to wait for it until your baddies drop off your TU in case they pull it).

Kind of looks like you skipped "gardening" and headed right for "landscaping" :smileyvery-happy:

I think a lot of members here might agree with that too :smileywink:

They're a very helpful community really. As you've no doubt noticed too.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+