Established Member

Credit Card Approval with HIgh Credit/Debt ratio?

I have a 92% usage rate right now, but my score is almost at 700 for the first time in years. Are there creditors who would issue me a decent credit limit, so I can eliminate a high interest card that I can't seem to pay off?

Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Approval with HIgh Credit/Debt ratio?

Looks like any lender that would touch you is going to want extremely high interest rate, might be a good time to sell some stuff, take a second job, cut costs, explain to your family if we don't do this we could loose a lot more than the just a few things gathering dust in the closet or our morning latte's. 

To me having a "One Main" on your credit report shouts, houston we may have a problem. On the other hand student loans aren't a problem as long as they are current.

Debt repair companies and consolidation loans probably won't help much, you have to deal with core issues not tie up a bunch of debt in a cute little package and then continue to use credit cards as usual.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 8.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
Mega Contributor

I know this isn't the answer you want but with your utilization and the collection you have on your record any inquiries you make will only get you small limit cards at best. At worst inquiries on your credit file and credit score drop. Maybe someone else has something to report that's positive. Good Luck I feel your pain.

Established Member

Oh, I need to update my signature.

The collection is no longer on my record due to the information and advice obtained in these forums. My (real) Fico score is now 680.

Established Member

jamesdwi wrote:

To me having a "One Main" on your credit report shouts, houston we may have a problem. On the other hand student loans aren't a problem as long as they are current.

Yeah, One Main is not my friend.

Epic Contributor

check the pre-qual over at chase and hope for a slate offer and BT that one main and never do that again.
you could check the citi pre-qual too.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor

One Main is on my reports too---but it's my mortgage which I've had almost 20 years-my oldest acct on my CR, and has changed hands several times and is about to change hands again. I personally would never take out a personal loan with One Main either.

Valued Contributor

Have you considered alternatives like an installment loan from your local CU, or Lending Club?

Epic Contributor

One main is a counter to lending club but if it's been a while might be worth checking that again
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Member

user5387 wrote:

Have you considered alternatives like an installment loan from your local CU, or Lending Club?

I already have an installment loan from my CU

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.