cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Benefit to replace AAA or other Roadside Assistance?

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Credit Card Benefit to replace AAA or other Roadside Assistance?

What credit card has the best roadside assistance as a benifit? Does anyone use a credit card benifit in place of AAA or other roadside assistance through insurance, or other provider?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Benefit to replace AAA or other Roadside Assistance?

I know Amex has roadside assistance with their cards.  Most cards only have the service where the cardmember has to cover the full cost, with the Green Card the first $50 is paid by Amex if you are 50 miles (I think) from home, and with Gold and Platinum Amex always covers the first $50.  I've never used it though, as I have another service.

Message 2 of 6
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

As far as i know amex, maybe Visa Sig.. dont quote me on it because its been a while since i reviewed the pamphlet i got.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 3 of 6
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

We have Roadside Assistance from Geico, but when renting a car recently, they tried selling me roadside assistance. Geico said my roadside assistance does not cover me when renting a car. So, I am wondering, what would I use if I needed roadside assistance while renting a car? Does AmEx BCE offer any coverage? Seems like a tow can easily cost more than $50. Does any credit card offer better coverage than $50?

Message 4 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I know almost all visa and mastercard platinum cards offer roadside assistance, but it isn't a replacement for this. You have to pay for everything, they'll just automatically bill it to your card. 

I don't think any cards are gonna offer it to the point where they pay for it, seems like it could get expensive for the company really quick. 

Message 5 of 6
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

american express is a yes on rental cars

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.