Frequent Contributor
ficojoe

Credit Card Benefit to replace AAA or other Roadside Assistance?

What credit card has the best roadside assistance as a benifit? Does anyone use a credit card benifit in place of AAA or other roadside assistance through insurance, or other provider?

Established Contributor
Koop10010

Re: Credit Card Benefit to replace AAA or other Roadside Assistance?

I know Amex has roadside assistance with their cards.  Most cards only have the service where the cardmember has to cover the full cost, with the Green Card the first $50 is paid by Amex if you are 50 miles (I think) from home, and with Gold and Platinum Amex always covers the first $50.  I've never used it though, as I have another service.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Frequent Contributor
iMacDrew

As far as i know amex, maybe Visa Sig.. dont quote me on it because its been a while since i reviewed the pamphlet i got.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Frequent Contributor
ficojoe

We have Roadside Assistance from Geico, but when renting a car recently, they tried selling me roadside assistance. Geico said my roadside assistance does not cover me when renting a car. So, I am wondering, what would I use if I needed roadside assistance while renting a car? Does AmEx BCE offer any coverage? Seems like a tow can easily cost more than $50. Does any credit card offer better coverage than $50?

Senior Contributor
jsucool76

I know almost all visa and mastercard platinum cards offer roadside assistance, but it isn't a replacement for this. You have to pay for everything, they'll just automatically bill it to your card. 

I don't think any cards are gonna offer it to the point where they pay for it, seems like it could get expensive for the company really quick. 

Frequent Contributor
iMacDrew

american express is a yes on rental cars

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}