Reply
Frequent Contributor
RSCo
Posts: 473
Registered: ‎02-11-2013
0

Credit Card Bonus Points Qualifications

Does anyone know if gift card purchases at grocery stores would count towards "groceries" spending.. Ie. I buy a $200.00 Nordstrom gift card for myself to use at Nordstroms..

Citi Hilton Honors: $25,000 -- Chase Sapphire Preferred: $25,000 -- Amex PLat: $NPSL -- Amex Everyday Preferred: $10,000 -- Citi TY Premier World: $16,800 -- NWFCU: $7,500 -- Chase Amazon Rewards: $7,000 -- Citi Home Depot: $7,000 -- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Visa Sig: $5,000 -- Visa Black Card: $5,400 -- Discover IT: $8,000 -- AmexTrueEarnings: $10,000 -- Ethan AllenGE: $4000 -- Chase Slate: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- AmazonGE: $2,200 -- Barclays BJs: $1,800 -- WalmartGE: $1,500 -- PenFed LOC: $500
Moderator
pizzadude
Posts: 9,674
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: Credit Card Bonus Points Qualifications


RSCo wrote:

Does anyone know if gift card purchases at grocery stores would count towards "groceries" spending.. Ie. I buy a $200.00 Nordstrom gift card for myself to use at Nordstroms..


Yes, they should -- assuming that the store you're shopping in is actually coded as a Grocery store -- not a Discount store, etc.. like many Wal*mart / Target stores...

 

Anything you buy in their store should qualify -- gift cards, apples, pencils, beer, pork bellies, etc...

 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Frequent Contributor
RSCo
Posts: 473
Registered: ‎02-11-2013
0

Re: Credit Card Bonus Points Qualifications


pizzadude wrote:

RSCo wrote:

Does anyone know if gift card purchases at grocery stores would count towards "groceries" spending.. Ie. I buy a $200.00 Nordstrom gift card for myself to use at Nordstroms..


Yes, they should -- assuming that the store you're shopping in is actually coded as a Grocery store -- not a Discount store, etc.. like many Wal*mart / Target stores...

 

Anything you buy in their store should qualify -- gift cards, apples, pencils, beer, pork bellies, etc...

 


Awesome..  safeway has every card imaginable. 

Citi Hilton Honors: $25,000 -- Chase Sapphire Preferred: $25,000 -- Amex PLat: $NPSL -- Amex Everyday Preferred: $10,000 -- Citi TY Premier World: $16,800 -- NWFCU: $7,500 -- Chase Amazon Rewards: $7,000 -- Citi Home Depot: $7,000 -- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Visa Sig: $5,000 -- Visa Black Card: $5,400 -- Discover IT: $8,000 -- AmexTrueEarnings: $10,000 -- Ethan AllenGE: $4000 -- Chase Slate: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- AmazonGE: $2,200 -- Barclays BJs: $1,800 -- WalmartGE: $1,500 -- PenFed LOC: $500
Valued Contributor
bribro
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Credit Card Bonus Points Qualifications

The answer is yes. Don't go too crazy though, if you suddenly drop $1k at Safeway when you usually spend $20 on groceries, you'll probably get a call from the bank.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 3,172
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Credit Card Bonus Points Qualifications


bribro wrote:

The answer is yes. Don't go too crazy though, if you suddenly drop $1k at Safeway when you usually spend $20 on groceries, you'll probably get a call from the bank.


+1

 

 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}