Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***Credit Card Breach with BofA***Replacement card on the way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

***Credit Card Breach with BofA***Replacement card on the way

Just received an email that my Bank of America credit card will be cancelled on 11 Nov and and replacement card is on the way.

"We have learned that your Bank of America® credit card information may have been compromised at an undisclosed merchant or service provider. This does not mean fraud has or will occur on your account, but we are taking precautionary steps to help protect your account.

We're mailing you a new credit card with a new number and deactivating your old card on 11/10/2014. Your new card should arrive within 5-7 business days in an unmarked envelope. Upon receiving it, please:"

I gave them a call and the CSR told me that the breach was with a merchant which had my acct info and that it was not a breach on Bank of Americas part. He went on to say that this breach happened on Oct 20. 

Now I rarely use this card inside of stores, I have a few bills debited from this card each month, and I shop on Amazon with it a few times in the year.

I didn't notice any weird purchases on my statement, will continue to be on the lookout.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ***Credit Card Breach with BofA***Replacement card on the way

Thanks for the "heads up."
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.