cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Budget ? Yes, No or ... What?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Budget ? Yes, No or ... What?

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I'm kind of surprised that nobody's yet mentioned one thing in particular, and it's something I do each and every time.  And it determines which card I use (most of the time).

Does anybody factor in the card's statement closing date as part of budgeting?  

For instance, if I use a card today, and its statement closing date was yesterday, I know that I've got over 7 weeks to pay that balance, interest free.  That's made a difference to me more than once. 

I can't be the only one that does this...?

I haven't been doing this, but only because I'm not credit-smart enough to even realize this is a great idea.  I'll definitely be doing it now Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I used to carry cash and check book until 7 yrs a go.  Now, I am so used to not to carry those except $10 in cash for whenever need.  Just like any other members here ... charges only I can PIF every month!   Of cause there is the time I needed to charge more than monthly spending ... like I had to replace my PC in May and my car audio last month, and now I am looking for to replace my TV (non-flat and recently got broken and doesn't comes on) and DVD player (getting not working correctly).  That's why I have pre-set budget on all of my ccs around how much I can charge monthly.  Then sometimes I don't even charge near to it, and sometimes go over it ... eventually its even out at the end.

Yes, I'm same as hauling ~ go by the closing date also. 

Addition to it, I look at which ccs can earn more rewards even with 1% ... it's my Freedom since I have banking acct with Chase ... to determine which one to use.  So, every quarter I write on a piece of paper which cc to use at which store/category to avoid using a wrong cc at wrong place.  But, total monthly spending is remains same ... just shuffle around the amount between the ccs. 

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now it's really easy for me to know which rewards card to use because I haven't gotten the BCE yet.  I use my Amex Clear at costco and Chase Freedom everywhere else.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.