cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card CLOSED, No Explanation, closing on house in 1 1/2 months . . .

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Card CLOSED, No Explanation, closing on house in 1 1/2 months . . .

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Let me get this straight...seriously.

capital one closed out an account that they have "secured" funds for incase the OP bails on them because he/she is categorized as "high risk". **bleep**?!?!?! Doesn't even apply  (or should IMO) because it's not like this is an "unsecured" TL where there is a possible "flight" risk. Just when you've thought you've seen everything.

capital one is a joke.

Actually, there's more to the thread (two threads) than that. OP has one secured card with CapOne, and only the one card in OP name. Simple. AU on several other cards. ok.

One of those AU cards suddenly reports a $50,000 open balance amount, and while it is now PIF, because it's on a charge card, that $50k is still showing up as a sudden charge / add to OP's CR.

thus the alarms at CapOne seem to have been triggered.

Capital One is not a joke. It is a bank, like any others, and is willing to take risks on people when their credit is marginal, is known to be marginal, for small amounts of CL, like $500. Get them out of their comfort zone, and like any bank, they will seek to reduce risk.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 41 of 50
taxi818
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

capital one closed out an account that they have "secured" funds for incase the OP bails on them because he/she is categorized as "high risk". **bleep**?!?!?! Doesn't even apply  (or should IMO) because it's not like this is an "unsecured" TL where there is a possible "flight" risk. Just when you've thought you've seen everything.

capital one is a joke.

Actually, there's more to the thread (two threads) than that. OP has one secured card with CapOne, and only the one card in OP name. Simple. AU on several other cards. ok.

One of those AU cards suddenly reports a $50,000 open balance amount, and while it is now PIF, because it's on a charge card, that $50k is still showing up as a sudden charge / add to OP's CR.

Capital One is not a joke. It is a bank, like any others, and is willing to take risks on people when their credit is marginal, is known to be marginal, for small amounts of CL, like $500. Get them out of their comfort zone, and like any bank, they will seek to reduce risk.

Very well stated. Correct. They are bank like any other. Trying to make profit. The problem. People feel entitled so they bash many banks. Discover. Cap one. Barclays. So on. Because they are not following the script of  that entitled attitude. 

Message 42 of 50
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

capital one is a joke.

Very well stated. Correct. They are bank like any other. Trying to make profit. The problem. People feel entitled so they bash many banks. Discover. Cap one. Barclays. So on. Because they are not following the script of  that entitled attitude. 

I agree, still don't like them thoughSmiley Happy...  They just don't seem to keep up being Cap1... Discover is hit and miss, not real issues at least for me with Barclay's.. Ya all about me, jk.

Message 43 of 50
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I'm still not understanding where the risk lies on a secured card.  What risk?  If you don't pay they take your deposit.  Where exactly is the risk?

Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

I'm still not understanding where the risk lies on a secured card.  What risk?  If you don't pay they take your deposit.  Where exactly is the risk?

The risk is that a representative will have to lift a finger. That's a mortal sin over at Capital One. Smiley Indifferent

Message 45 of 50
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

The risk is that a representative will have to lift a finger. That's a mortal sin over at Capital One. Smiley Indifferent

Someone had to take a break from their script reading duties to close the account...

I'm honestly not understanding.  People keep talking about the "risk" they must have percieved but I'm not getting where exactly this percieved risk is coming from on a secured card account.

Message 46 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

Someone had to take a break from their script reading duties to close the account...

I'm honestly not understanding.  People keep talking about the "risk" they must have percieved but I'm not getting where exactly this percieved risk is coming from on a secured card account.

Must be the same logic that causes people to get declined for secured cards

Message 47 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

There is a point of risk where even a secured line is unapprovable.

Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

There is a point of risk where even a secured line is unapprovable.

I know.  It just seem illogical when you first hear it.

Message 49 of 50
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

My point exactly! Ofcourse there are other ways they determine he/she to be a rsik but still, th OP has a $3K secured liine with them and had arunning balance of $300. So what he was an AU on which someone run it up to $50K then PIF the next go around.

Yeah yeah yeah, banks are still banks and are present to make profit - not loose their arse

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.