Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Color and Usage

tag
MAstudent07
Contributor

Credit Card Color and Usage

Hello fellow posters, I have a couple of questions to ask.

I recently changed my Amex Green Card to Zync. The CSR told me mostly everything was going to stay the same. Card number and opening date, for example.  I personally don't care for the color of the Zync, and love the color of my current card.

• Can I keep using my green card for purchases, and keep the Zync card as backup if needed? or
  • Once I activate the Zync card, I will have no choice but to use the "new" card?

Thanks in advance for your insight and experience. Smiley Happy

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Card Color and Usage

@MAstudent07 wrote:

Hello fellow posters, I have a couple of questions to ask.

I recently changed my Amex Green Card to Zync. The CSR told me mostly everything was going to stay the same. Card number and opening date, for example.  I personally don't care for the color of the Zync, and love the color of my current card.

• Can I keep using my green card for purchases, and keep the Zync card as backup if needed? or
  • Once I activate the Zync card, I will have no choice but to use the "new" card?

Thanks in advance for your insight and experience. Smiley Happy

I think you're over thinking this.  I have a 10 cent magic marker that will fix your problem. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 38
MAstudent07
Contributor

I understand what you are saying, but it's important to me.

Message 3 of 38
DI
Super Contributor

If you applied for a new card you'd keep both cards.  If  its and upgrade, the Green card will no longer work after you activate the Zinc.

Message 4 of 38
MAstudent07
Contributor

Thank you for the clarification. I did upgrade from green to Zync. What if I don't activate the Zync and keep using green? Is that plausible? CSR did mention I could keep using my current until I activate.

I am trying to find a loophole in order to have things as I want them, a physical green card without the extra $70.00 cost per year. Asking too much? Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 38
DI
Super Contributor

@MAstudent07 wrote:

Thank you for the clarification. I did upgrade from green to Zync. What if I don't activate the Zync and keep using green? Is that plausible? CSR did mention I could keep using my current until I activate.

I am trying to find a loophole in order to have things as I want them, a physical green card without the extra $70.00 cost per year. Asking too much? Smiley Sad

From my experience going from Blue Points to Blue Cash, AMEX chnaged the account information in its system before I activated the new cards.  Email customer service.

Message 6 of 38
MAstudent07
Contributor

You are right. When I log into my account, the card icon is updated as is the information. I will call or e-mail shortly. Thank you.  

Message 7 of 38
MAstudent07
Contributor

Just got off the phone with a CSR, and was informed I could still use my current card until it expires. Smiley Happy Thanks all

Message 8 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MAstudent07 wrote:

Just got off the phone with a CSR, and was informed I could still use my current card until it expires. Smiley Happy Thanks all

Interesting! Will they still rebate you the difference between the Green fee and the Zync? If not, you're not saving the $70.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 38
MAstudent07
Contributor

That is a wonderful question. My annual fee is set to hit in March, therefore, I will wait until then. That was the reason why I changed to Zync. I didn't want to pay the higher annual fee. Keeping my fingers crossed. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.