Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Color and Usage

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Card Color and Usage

I have neither the Zync nor the Green cards.  I have a Platinum Capital One card with a $750 CL with my face on it and get more comments than my Blue and other cards.  Hehehe

Message 31 of 38
smc733
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

I have neither the Zync nor the Green cards.  I have a Platinum Capital One card with a $750 CL with my face on it and get more comments than my Blue and other cards.  Hehehe

I still fail to understand why people care?  An impressed cashier?  Or an extra $1 cash back?  I know what I'll take.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 32 of 38
DI
Super Contributor

Message 33 of 38
smc733
Valued Contributor

^Well said?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 34 of 38
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Unless you have been living under a rock, everyone has seen Green, Gold, Platinum, they have been around for decades... but I hand over Zync and I get reactions or questions or not a flicker of interest as long as it goes through!  In the end, I'm in it for the rewards... unless you have Black card most likely your not impressing many and your not getting better service because the card you hand over unless your in Neiman Marcus and try to pay with Visa/MC... then you get that look like stupid we don't take Visa, clearly you have never shopped here before! haha

Message 35 of 38
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:

Interesting attitudes on this thread, which is why CC companies have so many different products.  Much of the advertising and placement of these cards is for ego reasons.   I've used cards for almost 40 years from basic Visa to AMEX Platinum and I can honestly say I've never detected any difference in the service I've ever received anywhere in the world.  All the merchant cares about is 'is the card good?' and not if it is a high end card.  They don't care, nor should they.   And anyway the card comes out at the end of the transaction so I'm not sure how it engenders better service.  Your waiter at the upscale restaurant doesn't know if you are paying with a sack of pennies or using a Centurion card until the service rendered is over.  Same at Tiffany's or any other use of the card.  Apart from how much credit is available to you it is purely an ego booster for the holder and if that is an important aspect of using a particular card then by all means go ahead and use it.  But other than you no one really cares, really.

+1

I currently work in retail, so I see cards from the sub-prime to prime.

It could be AMEX or Pirst Premiere, I really don't care what you have. All that matters if the card transaction would go through or not.

However!, if you have the bad boy "Centurion Card" then you'll amaze me. I just love the concept of someone paying $7500 to have it open and $2500 annually to keep that account open haha. That amount is something I can't grasp haha Smiley Very Happy. It's crazy.... anyway

Otherwise, CC is a CC in all perspective.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 36 of 38
mauve
Valued Contributor

My Chase is green.  I get comments on that one sometimes, because people like the pretty trees on it.  I use it all the time - for the cash back and because it's my highest-limit card. 

I suppose that's not the same as the green AMEX.  I don't use that one because it's my corporate card.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 38
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand how someone can be treated worse or better depending on their card. I mean, they don't even know what you'll be paying with until the sale is made.

I get the scruffy vs polished can make a difference- but in the higher end stores, they usually know better. At least in NYC they do.  But the credit card?

I shop at Tiff's a few times a year (collect their key pendants). The one near me knows me. The credit card I use never makes a difference in how they treat me.  

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.