Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Companies Asking for Net Worth

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Credit Card Companies Asking for Net Worth

I was thinking about applying for another Cap1 Venture and was surprised to see the question about net worth. I don't remember this the first time. What other banks are interested in this? And do they ask for proof depending upon your response? Perhaps, with salary and net worth combined I can get one of the $50-60k limits. For those of you that have the massive limits, did your net worth factor into the equation?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Card Companies Asking for Net Worth

That's news to me...

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a Venture card and wasn't asked that question.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex asks too. they asked me lol
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They've asked me before.  Matter of fact, several cc companies have.  I believe it's because they want you to bank/invest with them.  That's whay I get so many offers in the mail.  Just soliciting. PITB's  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10
core
Valued Contributor

And how would they ask for proof of your net worth? Liquid net worth would be hard enough to pour through all the paperwork, for them.  Net worth, no way.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I give em an average.  If they want to check, that's up to them.  I don't think they'll go that far for soliciting.  But for cli's, it's possible if the limit is rather high. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

they will if your net worth is a ton. they won't check me because my net worth is negative
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I win the lotto, it will be. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
amex asks too. they asked melol

+1

Amex is the only company (so far) that has ever asked me for this.  Since a big part of my savings is in silver bullion, there is absolutely no way they could verify it (they didn't specify 'liquid', and even if they did, it's easily liquidated).  Of course, I would have to have a giant CL or spending limit to be concerned with this. 

All this being said, I don't think they are too concerned with verifying my savings to justify the $1K credit limit on my BCP... LOL  Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.